Help me choose between NETDUMA 3 or TP LINK ARCHER AX11000

-Net duma 3 delivered to canada for me is 387 cdn

-Tp link archer ax11000 is 300cdn includes shipping off of ebay

Im strictly getting a gaming router to lower my warzone ping from 85ms to 25ms by setting my server to seatle which is the closest one to me. Any extra features will just be a bonus 

Ive never had a gaming router before. Is the 90 dollar increase for the duma 3 worth it? 

Thanks

Mike

@MackMurderI can't speak for Tp link archer ax11000 as I don't own one but from my experience I used netgear and tp link routers and they do ok job but they just don't give you control/ability to choose nearest servers which matters at large when it comes to gaming as ping is king. That's why you don't see any pro player rushing with his guts if he knows he has a high ping in any competitive game there forced to play a specific way which at large isn't there fault but mitigating those issues is all you can do and using the geofilter helps do that which is netduma real cake.

2 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@MackMurderI can't speak for Tp link archer ax11000 as I don't own one but from my experience I used netgear and tp link routers and they do ok job but they just don't give you control/ability to choose nearest servers which matters at large when it comes to gaming as ping is king. That's why you don't see any pro player rushing with his guts if he knows he has a high ping in any competitive game there forced to play a specific way which at large isn't there fault but mitigating those issues is all you can do and using the geofilter helps do that which is netduma real cake.

Yeah. After a bit more consideration (tp link 11000 doesnt have any "gaming" features they just claim it does) I think I will just do the DUMA3 since their out of stock (until the 5th which is today technically) they selling for 200usd (50 bucks off) which brings my total with shipping to 320.cdn (not bad) and the only other true gaming routers worth their salt with a ton of features is the ASUS AX11000 pro thats 400.cdn on sale right now.....which has a wicked mesh system which the duma does not and is tri band not dual band like duma.......but i dunno. I never use WIFI in my house unless its phone or upstairs tv........ My gaming pc and my gaming tv are all connected to ethernet, so guess my minds made up, will give duma 3 a chance🤔🤷‍♂️

@MackMurderWhat I can tell you is that when it comes to wifi range netduma is definitely not on top so if you need something with range you're typically always going to need to add a mesh system/AP. There's just no way around it as signal bands can't artificially cross all walls especially with interference devices like metal/microwaves etc.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear you decided to go with us, any questions just let us know!

Cheers 

Was wondering if u thought a VPN like nord worth it since I dont have 1gig fibre in my area......if anything to prevent throttling ? Or its just a waste of money on top of the duma 3?

• Administrators

Personally I don't think it is really necessary, in most cases using a VPN is going to add latency. They may have a free trial so you could try it

@MackMurderYour limited on speeds when it comes to VPN through router to 20 down and 10 up if your using nordvpn I can't say the same-thing for others but that my experience with it...I'd say go with wireguard as that typically the fastest vpn protocol on any router that am aware off though realistically if your using a vpn it better to do in device as it way faster. Also every router vpn will cap your speeds to around 100mbs or less as it just CPU intensive the only time you really need to use this feature is when your gaming and you have bad routing.