Router coverage / EE

Good morning,

I have been used the R2 for some years now. The Qos settings have been working perfectly, allowing me to download while gaming without any latency spikes.
The downside to using the R2 is that I get weak wifi signal in my bedroom upstairs, causing things like Tiktok videos not loading while scrolling etc.

My broadband contract with Vodafone was coming to an end,  and I was offered a similar priced deal with EE for my broadband & Mobile if I switched, and promised how their top of the range smart hub would allow me to get better signal in the bedroom and be perfect for gaming.
I therefore switched from the R2 to their hub. In fairness I no longer have any signal issues in the bedroom, so the wifi range is an improvement. However as soon as I turn on any type of download, or even run a speed test etc. The internet is drained and latency spikes through the roof.

I am still in my cooling off period for switching, and would be an option to switch back to Vodafone at a slightly cheaper price if required.

EE seem to have an EE Wifi Enhancer add-on which costs £5 a month, which doesn't seem to be worth it if I can just use the R2 QOS for free.
If I switch back to Vodafone, and use the R2. Is it possible to somehow use the Vodafone router upstairs as a wifi-extender etc.?

Any advice on how to minimise latency spikes while having the best wifi coverage in my house would be greatly appreciated!