WAN - PPPoE

I have an issue with the R3 WAN connected via PPPoE. When the modem resyncs or restarts, the R3 doesn't automatically reconnect to the modem. This requires me to manually reconnect the connection via changing connection type and changing back, disconnecting and reconnecting the WAN Ethernet cable from the R3, or restarting the R3.

I believe this issue is related to the latest firmware (v4.0.219). To my knowledge, this didn't affect me on the previous firmware (v4.0.41). I have tried factory resetting the R3 to resolve the issue, but it still occurs when I restart the modem.

I had similar behaviour using my gateway's DMZ/ADMZ on Bell Fibre BUT this issue isn't related to the R3, it happens with all routers. You don't have the R3 in DMZ or ADMZ by chance, do you?

3 hours ago, MikeWilde said:

I had similar behaviour using my gateway's DMZ/ADMZ on Bell Fibre BUT this issue isn't related to the R3, it happens with all routers. You don't have the R3 in DMZ or ADMZ by chance, do you?

Thanks for trying to help; however, I am currently using bridge mode on a modem.

2 hours ago, Netduma Samuel said:

Hey Devastate,

We were able to reproduce the issue. Thank you for reporting it!

That's fantastic. Hopefully, the issue can be fixed and released soon.