ATT Fiber 1Gb/R3

I currently have 1GB fiber with AT&T. 

The gateway/modem is set up in ip passthru to the R3 router. I have my PS5 set in DMZ. 

The PS5 is hardwired to R3 and is the only thing running on it. 

What  the recommended settings or what would be the ideal starting point in settings to get best performance?

• Administrators

Are there no other devices connected to any other router or is that literally it? In which case you don't need to use QoS/SmartBOOST really as the PS isn't competing with any other devices so you just need to setup the Geo-Filter really.

2 hours ago, Brandonhale0208 said:

PS5 is only thing. I have a separate ISP and setup for all the other devices in my home. 

I was thinking this is what I would need to do based on researching the forum but wanted to double check to be sure. 

Thank you for the quick response!

Yeah, realistically setting QoS on speeds well over 500 Mb/s isn't advised as it can actually cause more harm than good. From what I know from alot of streamer and youtubers I have seen, ATT is pretty solid as a Tier 1 ISP, so likely the only real advantages you can gain is just pinging to closer servers near you. I feel like often times I see ATT presence when theres a dedicated server nearby, since they are a MAJOR telecom company and can reach out to the rest of the internet.