Ping and packet loss are crazy high

When im not downloading anything ping and packet loss are crazy high but when I do ping and packet loss are nice and steady any reason why? its kinda hard to explain my full issue idk how to put it into workds. First picture is when im not downloading anything , second picture is when im downloading a game.

Screenshot (1050).png

Screenshot (1048).png

• Administrators

You've changed the interval to 0.5, this is too low and will change packet loss regardless, change it back to the default 2.5 then do it again please

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You've changed the interval to 0.5, this is too low and will change packet loss regardless, change it back to the default 2.5 then do it again please

Screenshot (1052).png

• Administrators

If the above is the same as when you're directly connected to your modem it's not something we can help with, you'd need to contact your ISP provider about that

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If the above is the same as when you're directly connected to your modem it's not something we can help with, you'd need to contact your ISP provider about that

I ve tried and they have no idea my connection is only stable when i download something on the netduma router thats why i asked here. thought maybe there would be a fix

• Administrators

Only when you download something? That's certainly odd, if they don't know and it is caused by their network it'll be hard to get to the bottom of it - have they not had you collect any data or anything?

On 5/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Only when you download something? That's certainly odd, if they don't know and it is caused by their network it'll be hard to get to the bottom of it - have they not had you collect any data or anything?

it is really odd and no , they said they are watching my internet to see if there is something wrong but have contacted me since. The tech guy that came to my place said hes never seen an issue like i have before .

On 6/6/2024 at 7:24 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so what are their next steps to identify the issue?

um nothing really , they said they monitoring my network and report it if they see anything wrong but no call or anything. another tech came and tried blaming my pc and netduma router but its not . 

• Administrators

Yeah you'd need to remove the router, anything 3rd party they will try to claim is the issue if they can't figure it out - you could just say I did what you said and got rid of the router but you're still having the issue

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah you'd need to remove the router, anything 3rd party they will try to claim is the issue if they can't figure it out - you could just say I did what you said and got rid of the router but you're still having the issue

is there anyway i can add certain list to the qos service instead of devices? also my internet is fine when i QoS to 110 mbps and download a game and set it to 10mbps and idea why?

• Administrators

For Traffic Prioritization? No you have to do it by devices or use one of the default lists.

Could be local congestion perhaps - do you have a lot of devices being used at that time?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For Traffic Prioritization? No you have to do it by devices or use one of the default lists.

Could be local congestion perhaps - do you have a lot of devices being used at that time?

okay and no i dont i have 2 phones an xbox and ps5 with 300 download and 20 upload

• Administrators

Are any of them downloading at the time such as the other console downloading an update etc? You'll be able to double check in the Network Monitor when playing

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are any of them downloading at the time such as the other console downloading an update etc? You'll be able to double check in the Network Monitor when playing

no nothing is downloading its just my girlfriend and I.

• Administrators

That is really peculiar then and doesn't make much sense to be honest, it seems as though you're being punished for not utilizing the connection - do you share your internet with a building or anything like that?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is really peculiar then and doesn't make much sense to be honest, it seems as though you're being punished for not utilizing the connection - do you share your internet with a building or anything like that?

I do but the guys said we all have our own seperate lines

Just now, Lucid said:

I do but the guys said we all have our own seperate lines

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

also is there anyway i can get rid of dumaweb it makes my netduma r2 crash and it will never get past the setup page

• Administrators

Do you pay the building complex for the internet or do you have your own contract with an ISP you chose yourself? 

You're most likely getting that error if you disabled SmartBOOST, if you leave it enabled it shouldn't happen but otherwise you'd have to downgrade firmware.