Trying to figure out how to connect VPN

I have an XR1000 and i cant seem to figure out how to connect my surfshark info to the router...any help or a step by step guide would be great! I have openvpn downloaded but dont really know how to use or configure it. 

found a guide on how to connect the surfshark to openvpn but now i cant get it to connect.

image_2024-05-03_084816293.png

to clarify i can connect to surfshark with openvpn but i cannot connect to the openvpn config package download files from the xr1000 dumaos page...i followed the setup instructions and copied the files to the correct folder but i keep getting this error that no server cert verification.

image_2024-05-03_085134893.png

• Administrators

To double check:

• OpenVPN on your PC - that's not something we would help you with but you can do what you did and connect to Surfshark that way and it will apply to your PC (surely they have their own application though)
  • HybridVPN on the router is where you would enter Surfshark details but it's not currently available on the 1000
  • With the VPN service config files on the router and the OpenVPN application that would connect you to your local network/router interface that's all - it wouldn't change your IP or where you appear

Which option is it you were wanting to do?