Mw3 servers austria

Does anybody know if there are servers in austria? (i live there). When searching for a game it always wants to connect to mürzzuschlag (austria) but it always moves to mainz (germany) afterwards.IMG_2841.thumb.png.bacee4440cf3455c3c8de7ffb5cc81c5.png

• Administrators

I'm not sure off the top of my head but if you see it there and the ping is what you'd expect then yes there would be. Exclude the other server you seem to get and you may be able to force it more consistently.

13 hours ago, Enesko95 said:

Does anybody know if there are servers in austria? (i live there). When searching for a game it always wants to connect to mürzzuschlag (austria) but it always moves to 

Let me know if you somehow manage to connect to the Austria server. I have been chasing that server for months. There is information on the site that there is a server in Austria, but for some unknown reason we cannot connect there with R3.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure off the top of my head but if you see it there and the ping is what you'd expect then yes there would be. Exclude the other server you seem to get and you may be able to force it more consistently.

When i do that i cannot connect to matchmaking with an error message "failed to connect to matchmaking service". So i have to include some other servers around me like germany for example to just be able to enter matchmaking.

9 hours ago, Zli said:

Let me know if you somehow manage to connect to the Austria server. I have been chasing that server for months. There is information on the site that there is a server in Austria, but for some unknown reason we cannot connect there with R3.

I tried to but its impossible, it always connects me somewhere else. Yesterday i randomly connected to st.gallen (switzerland) which i never connected before even though my geo filter was always inside this region. 

I hope that it will be sorted out and that we will be able to access the server in Austria.

9 hours ago, Zli said:

I hope that it will be sorted out and that we will be able to access the server in Austria.

Yeah that would be a dream for me, at 6-7pm the mainz and amsterdam servers which are the closest to me, have constant lag spikes for me 40-120ms. 

I bought this router only because of the server in Austria. I had no other reason to change my Asus router because it worked fine. Other servers do not work for me because they are all over 1200km away. Austria is 500km from me and my ping is 15ms there. Otherwise, my ping is very high wherever I go. Physical location is Physical location. No VPN can move your physical location, only the virtual one.I hope that it will be sorted out and that we will be able to access the server in Austria.

1 hour ago, Zli said:

I bought this router only because of the server in Austria. I had no other reason to change my Asus router because it worked fine. Other servers do not work for me because they are all over 1200km away. Austria is 500km from me and my ping is 15ms there. Otherwise, my ping is very high wherever I go. Physical location is Physical location. No VPN can move your physical location, only the virtual one.I hope that it will be sorted out and that we will be able to access the server in Austria.

I would be fine with germany, on normals days i get 19ms there but yeah kinda frustrating having a server at my hometown and not able to connect to it. Router still serves me a purpose though, otherwise i get connected to saudi arabian servers 😂. Hopefully its gonna get fixed soon.

Yes, it's very disappointing to have a server so close to home but to be unable to use it or to be blocked because R3 is unable to connect to it.

• Administrators

If you're unable to connect to the server ever with the Geo-Filter disabled then it is likely that the server is not always available to be connected to/is used as an overflow server so it won't necessarily be possible to connect with the Geo-Filter either. The Geo-Filter helps you to force servers but those servers have to be open to you connecting to them.