Duma OS firmware support

I play mostly call of duty and I would like to purchase  the nighthawk xr300 as I can get it for under $70.  Is the latest Duma OS 4 supported on the xr300 or I would have to purchase the r3 

• Administrators

DumaOS 4 will not be coming to any XR routers. I would not recommend the XR300 personally - it's no longer manufactured and has the oldest firmware version out of the XR range.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

DumaOS 4 will not be coming to any XR routers. I would not recommend the XR300 personally - it's no longer manufactured and has the oldest firmware version out of the XR 

Ahh gotcha which one would you recommend and so all xr are locked to duma os 3 ? 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, jusdajuice said:

Ahh gotcha which one would you recommend and so all xr are locked to duma os 3 ? 

Yes all the XR routers will be on 3 or 3.3. I'd be biased and say the R3 as it will have future feature updates whereas the XR range won't but what are your requirements?

Well I'm trying to figure out I plan to do a full ubiquiti unifi setup as well but I want to use the net duma for gaming only wonder if I'll have any issues running 2 routers but use net duma strictly for the duma os features / geo filter 

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can do that if you want to yes - if you just want the Geo-Filter then you could get any really

Nice would I be missing out on anything from duma os 3 to 4 only using geo filter 

• Administrators

There are extra features for the Geo-Filter on 4, completely redone QoS as well and overall enhancements/design changes. It really depends whether the extra cost for that is worth it for you

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are extra features for the Geo-Filter on 4, completely redone QoS as well and overall enhancements/design changes. It really depends whether the extra cost for that is worth it for you

Hmm I see, do the r1 & 2 have support for for DumaOS 4 or at this time only the r3, and do the r1 and 2 still get updates 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, jusdajuice said:

Hmm I see, do the r1 & 2 have support for for DumaOS 4 or at this time only the r3, and do the r1 and 2 still get updates 

The R1 hasn't had an update for quite sometime and won't get DumaOS 4. The R2 next update will likely be DumaOS 4 but it won't be soon. Only the R3 has DumaOS 4 currently.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The R1 hasn't had an update for quite sometime and won't get DumaOS 4. The R2 next update will likely be DumaOS 4 but it won't be soon. Only the R3 has DumaOS 4 currently.

Hmm I see kind of hard to decide on which one, how much of an improvement in geo filter from os 3 to 4 you'd said is it significant 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, jusdajuice said:

Hmm I see kind of hard to decide on which one, how much of an improvement in geo filter from os 3 to 4 you'd said is it significant 

It does have at least two new features and it's quite extensively redesigned. If you want the latest and the warranty to go with it I'd suggest the R3 really.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:08 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It does have at least two new features and it's quite extensively redesigned. If you want the latest and the warranty to go with it I'd suggest the R3 really.

I've came to the decision to go ahead and get r3 what is the shipping cut off and also is battlefield 2042 in the list for geo filter for servers 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, jusdajuice said:

I've came to the decision to go ahead and get r3 what is the shipping cut off and also is battlefield 2042 in the list for geo filter for servers 

Shipping cut off is around 2pm weekdays. Battlefield (Series) is an available option on the Geo-Filter

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Shipping cut off is around 2pm weekdays. Battlefield (Series) is an available option on the Geo-Filter

Sweet I already ordered it and unfortunately I have tracking but I didn't think it'll take that long to deliver I won't be here when it does I'll be gone for 2 weeks is it possible to change address ?

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, jusdajuice said:

Sweet I already ordered it and unfortunately I have tracking but I didn't think it'll take that long to deliver I won't be here when it does I'll be gone for 2 weeks is it possible to change address ?

Go to this address: https://delivery.dhl.com select your country, on the next page click 'Manage shipment as a guest'. Enter the DHL tracking number, complete the captcha, on the next page make sure to use the phone number you provided on your order as this will be the number DHL have for your order. Then follow the instructions from there to change the address.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to this address: https://delivery.dhl.com select your country, on the next page click 'Manage shipment as a guest'. Enter the DHL tracking number, complete the captcha, on the next page make sure to use the phone number you provided on your order as this will be the number DHL have for your order. Then follow the instructions from there to change the address.

Thanks and says waybill number doesn't exist do I need to wait until tomorrow, tracking says it's been picked up In Cambridge, UK 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, jusdajuice said:

Thanks and says waybill number doesn't exist do I need to wait until tomorrow, tracking says it's been picked up In Cambridge, UK 

Likely because it hasn't got to their hub yet, keep checking the tracking and when it shows at the hub try it then

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Likely because it hasn't got to their hub yet, keep checking the tracking and when it shows at the hub try it then

Got it, i will follow up when I get it changed, and dhl does require signature at delivery correct

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think you'll need to contact them directly then, I'm getting the same error

I did a live chat this morning with DHL and got address changed definitely appreciate it and can't wait to use it