Geo-Filter problem Rainbow Six Siege

Hello,

I am using the Geo-Filter to block some poopyty servers in Amsterdam, I have a polygon filter that seperates the poopyty servers from the good ones.

It seems to work for one game, after that when I queue, I get the "can't connect to server" error even on servers that are within the Polygon filter.

I check the Geo-filter, see the server in the filter, ( which means I found a game ) - then get an error connecting to the server even tho it should let it connect.

I tried allowing it as soon as it pops but the error still happen.

• Administrators

Make sure you have the map fully zoomed out, then when you get that error check for something on the map being blocked. There will likely be an authentication server that needs to be allowed.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Make sure you have the map fully zoomed out, then when you get that error check for something on the map being blocked. There will likely be an authentication server that needs to be allowed.

There isn't, the server is in the zone ( even for discord - as per this screenshot ) and needs to be manually accepted

Pretty sure it works once per zone after router reboot and then stops working image.thumb.png.f51e887c47d02a666ac94fb8701fb0a9.png

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use the simple radius instead and see if you get the same issue please

can't use the simple radius as I need to block half of amsterdam but not germany ( and not the east coast of USA )

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, RosePetal86 said:

can't use the simple radius as I need to block half of amsterdam but not germany ( and not the east coast of USA )

You can move the location anywhere so you can cover the places you want still with the radius

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can move the location anywhere so you can cover the places you want still with the radius

Yeah but you can only have one simple radius at a time no?

I want to cover this
image.thumb.png.cd70cd6ad7ae70d13d8ce719831d619b.png

Seems to work today somehow, I wish I could just filter the servers via ping but sadly the displayed ping is not the same as the game. Sometimes on good Amsterdam servers I get 40-50 ping in game and it displays that ping in geo-filter but sometimes I get 80 ping on the shitty Amsterdam servers and they still show as 40-50 in the geo-filter 

• Administrators

The in game ping can add processing delay which can account for the difference. If they're in the zone but won't connect it means the game doesn't want to connect for whatever reason - check with the Geo disabled and see if you can connect to those ones

I think I know why it doesn't connect even tho it's in the zone. It seems to be connecting to another server at the same time ( the matchmaking server ) so it allows the matchmaking server and doesn't allow the game server in time ?

That's my guess. They should be asynchronous so that it can handle multiple servers at the same time.