R3 connection to Plusnet router

Hi, I've just received my R3 and went through the setup steps which and the router was working, I then moved the R3 to another room where I would prefer it to be located roughly 8m away from its original location. I connected the R3 to my Plusnet router using a 5e ethernet cable that I had been using for my playstation and it was working. I then updated the firmware and I now have no data connection. I moved the R3 back to the room where my Plusnet router is located and connected it with the supplied Cat 6 ethernet cable and I do have a data connection when doing this. 

My question is do I have to use the supplied Cat 6 ethernet cable as it's no where near long enough for where I wish to place my R3? And if not what would the 5e cable suffice?

Many thanks,

Simon 

• Administrators

No you don't need to use the cable provided. Move it then reboot the Plusnet router, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the R3, wait 2 minutes and you should get internet.

5 hours ago, Simon82 said:

Hi, I've just received my R3 and went through the setup steps which and the router was working, I then moved the R3 to another room where I would prefer it to be located roughly 8m away from its original location. I connected the R3 to my Plusnet router using a 5e ethernet cable that I had been using for my playstation and it was working. I then updated the firmware and I now have no data connection. I moved the R3 back to the room where my Plusnet router is located and connected it with the supplied Cat 6 ethernet cable and I do have a data connection when doing this. 

My question is do I have to use the supplied Cat 6 ethernet cable as it's no where near long enough for where I wish to place my R3? And if not what would the 5e cable suffice?

Many thanks,

Simon 

I'll say this. 5 years ago. I bought Mediabridge CAT 6 cables. They come in various lengths. Good prices. Up to 10 gbps speeds. Zero issues with my R3. I have 4 of there cables going to R3. One from modem. Then my LG OLED, Xbox Series X and Xbox 360. Look on Amazon for them. If not the best. One of the best ethernet cables you can buy. I did research on them 5 yrs ago before I bought them. They come in different colors to. 

Everything has been working for the last 3 days then today the router has no internet connection again, I moved it and used the supplied cable and it works, I then moved it back to the room where I had it for the last 3 days and it's still not working. I'm confused as to how it can just stop working all of a sudden when I've changed nothing with the setup, am I missing something here?

• Administrators
On 4/24/2024 at 12:16 PM, Simon82 said:

Everything has been working for the last 3 days then today the router has no internet connection again, I moved it and used the supplied cable and it works, I then moved it back to the room where I had it for the last 3 days and it's still not working. I'm confused as to how it can just stop working all of a sudden when I've changed nothing with the setup, am I missing something here?

It sounds like the cable you're using when you move it that might be the cause, otherwise the reboot cycle of both routers I mentioned previously should work