New modem -- R2 not connecting to internet

Recently had a power outage and my old router got swapped for a new one. Currently I have the modem/router combo from my ISP working. My R2 is connected via ethernet to the modem and then hardwire to my PC. Wifi on my isp modem works as does an ethernet from ISP modem to PC. When I connect the same ethernet to the R2, there are no packet lights on the modem for the R2 and no connection if hardwire or wifi from my PC to R2. I've logged in to dumaos and did initial setup but no internet connection. I ensured DHCP is set on both LAN and WAN on R2. I cannot login to my ISP modem as its all only.

Thanks in advance

At this point, I'm guessing that the thunderstorm from the other night broke my original modem, and the surge went to my router, ruining the ethernet port that connects the modem to router. I'm not sure what else to diagnose at this point or even how to.

Not sure if that makes sense but I'll try and provide a detailed description in case an admin sees while I'm asleep. Thunderstorm, modem made a pop, R2 lost connectivity. Tested modem ports direct to PC, one port did not work, the other worked slowly. Connecting them to R2 resulted in the modem not showing lights on ethernet ports and R2 saying no internet connection. Today, recieved new modem. Internet works direct from modem to PC. Modem -> R2 does not work. No lights on ethernet ports and R2 doesn't detect internet connection. Factory reset R2 with button and through the firmware. Ensured DHCP is enabled, I've tried disabling IPv6. Ran ipconfig, flushed DNS, yet I can't get modem to send data to R2.

I appreciate the support! It's an awesome product, just hoping electricity didn't make it past my surge protector and ruin the router.

• Administrators

That doesn't bode well - Unplug the router from power for 24 hours, plug in, then wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if you can get internet. It may seem excessive but we have seen routers come back to life doing this and if it did get a power surge it would let any residual power drain fully.