How to Bridge Mode with R3?

Hi all,

So I've managed to get my R3 working via DMZ with all features but the Geo-filter working 100% (still puts me in bf2042 servers outside the circle). Anyways I thought I'd try setting up Bridge mode with my ISP's router/modem combo to get the R3's full potential.

My problem lies as soon as set up Bridge Mode on the ISP router/modem through its default gate way (192.168.1.1) I lose connection. I'm connected via Ethernet but I can no longer connect to its usual IP gateway address of 192.168.1.1 I get a time out. I've reset the R3 (factory reset) and connected that via ethernet to the ISP R/M where I get a connection light indicating there's a LAN connection. Now when I try to connect to the R3 via its old IP address it also times out and when I try to connect wirelessly using the setup card provided the connection times out. 

So it appears that although there's a connection between ISP R/M, R3 and my PC I am unable to connect to the R3's set up page. 

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

• Administrators

Sometimes the gateway address changes when using the bridge mode, either way you've made it like a modem towards the R3 which is probably why you lose connection. 

What do you mean by R/M? What do you mean by the R3 old IP address - do you normally change it? So 192.168.77.1 isn't working? 

Thanks for replying Fraser. 

So I've now managed to stay connected with my mobile via WiFi on the setup screen of the R3 but when I try to connect to the Internet is says no connection. 

My connections are as follows. 

Fibre cable > ISP all in one router/modem (set to Bridge Mode) > Ethernet from ISP router to R3 > Seperate ethernet cable from R3 to PC. 

Another bit of info:

All I know is my ISP uses DHCP VLAN 20 but I'm not sure what that entails to set it up. 

Do I need to change settings on PC, ISP router or R3 to get a connection? On my PC is says no internet connection yet under Ethernet settings there's bytes of data being received and transfered. 

Thanks again. 

So that worked however my speeds appear to be capped well below my ISP' bandwidth limit of 1gbs up and 1gbs down. At the moment I'm getting around 700mbs down and 150mbs up. 

I've tried setting the parameters manually to 1gb for both up and down on the ping optimizer section as well as changing congestion control off, on and auto and un ticking the speed test part. 

Also worth noting I'm running latest firmware 4.0.41. When I ran the R3 through DMZ I did not have the internet cap.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

• Administrators

It's likely the maximum you'll get with the extra work the router is doing with VLAN. Is that with speed test bypass enabled? In troubleshooting > advanced if you disable the protection options that may boost the speeds slightly.