Ethernet port randomly disconnecting - DHCP lease issue?

Hey Fraser,

Hope you're all good.

I've been having random disconnects on the ethernet port of my R3... that seem to be ocuring more often now (once every 8-12hrs or so).

The wifi continues running for all other devices, so it seems it's an ethernet port issue specifically.

I have everything disabled (SMART BOOST, PING STABILISER, GEO FILTER ETC) but it doesn't seem to help any more. It's frustrating as I've been kicked out of ranked games a couple of time because of this issue.

I have IPv6 enabled on both WAN/LAN on the R3.

Since it literally has just happened now, I thought I'd download the system log and share here to see if it helps with any fixes for next firmware (attached).

It looks like it might have something to do with 'DCHP lease change' ?

user.info com.netdumasoftware.neighwatch: DHCP lease change.

kern.crit kernel: eth1 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) (phyId: 3) Link DOWN.
kern.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth1) entered disabled state
daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'eth1' link is down

On my ISP modem I have the DCHP lease time set to 'forever' - does that make any difference?

Do I need to set the device using the ethernet port with a static IP on the R3 to get around this?.. I've done that just now to see if it'll help...

Thanks

p.s. do you think we'll be getting the new firmware this week? 🙏

R3_2024-04-08T13_30_21.324Z_logs.txt

If I were you, I would first deactivate IPv6 again. There seem to be more frequent problems with this at the moment.

What kind of device do you have connected to the Ethernet port? Perhaps you should simply make an IP reservation for the device in R3.

Thanks both, should I disable IPv6 on both LAN/WAN, or just LAN?

No it's happening during normal usage of the ethernet device - gaming/browsing.

I tried clicking speed test/ping optimiser and neither seem to be working at the moment.. might need to reset firmware?