can't open NAT

hello, i switched isp company fiber 1gb/1gb, but now i have nat type strict on cod wz, my setup is an ZTE modem and XR500 connected via lan on my pc

ZTE Modem has DMZ on with the LAN ip of my XR500, and i open my PORT on the ZTE with these settings

HOST Lan i put my XR500 Lan IP and host remote ip, i put the PC ip which is connected to the XR500.

on the XR500 I opened the ports with the pc IP.

ZTE is on DHCP on

XR500 is on DHCP on.

my nat is always strict and idk why.

Annotation 2024-04-04 195504.png

Annotation 2024-04-04 195504.png

• Administrators

It doesn't look right, DMZ on the ZTE should have the XR500 WAN IP from the System Information in it, then you can remove that other rule on the ZTE, the port forwarding on the XR is unnecessary as well, you can just switch NAT to Open in the WAN Settings on the XR.

Thanks Fraser for the reply as always, how can I get the XR500 WAN address? I can see the IP on lan settings which is 192.168.0.6 and the PC ip address which is the 10.0.0.8

• Administrators

It's on the XR500 System Information page, right in the middle panel. The 0.6 address might be it but just double check on System Information and put that in the DMZ/Exposed host function on the modem

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's on the XR500 System Information page, right in the middle panel. The 0.6 address might be it but just double check on System Information and put that in the DMZ/Exposed host function on the modem

And the port forwarding on the modem it’s necessary? I can cancel the ports forwarded on the XR right?

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No the port forwarding on both isn't necessary, the DMZ on the modem should be fine. If not then set NAT to Open in WAN Settings on the XR500

1 thing i also done nat type to open but still shows type 2 in ps5 does it matter?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No the port forwarding on both isn't necessary, the DMZ on the modem should be fine. If not then set NAT to Open in WAN Settings on the XR500

Okay I set to the modem DMZ the ip of my XR500,  but when I start the game it shows ‘disconnected from COD servers’

3 hours ago, imtired97 said:

Okay I set to the modem DMZ the ip of my XR500,  but when I start the game it shows ‘disconnected from COD servers’

still my nat type strict, even with DMZ on the  ZTE

Cattura.PNG

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's probably why, remove them and try again

I tried to do the CG NAT test, I did the tracert command in CMD with my ISP ip and it replied with 2 strings.. maybe that’s the problem?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, imtired97 said:

I tried to do the CG NAT test, I did the tracert command in CMD with my ISP ip and it replied with 2 strings.. maybe that’s the problem?

Quite possibly, if you provide a screenshot of the results with part of the IPs blacked out I can take a look

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Quite possibly, if you provide a screenshot of the results with part of the IPs blacked out I can take a look

1st one is my XR500 ip

2nd one is ISP ip

Cattura.PNG

• Administrators

You need to have your device connected directly to the modem so the XR500 isn't connected and then tracert your public IP address - not the local IP of your modem

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you redo the CG-NAT test?

if i put the ethernet cable on the isp connected to pc, doesn t work, i have no internet

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you require PPPoE/VLAN then? You can do it when connected behind the XR and just ignore the XR IP in the results

Ah okay so I need to remove the cable for connecting the XR500 to the isp modem?

• Administrators
  1. Modem connected to XR500
  2. PC connected via ethernet to XR500
  3. Type my ip into Google and copy the result
  4. Open command prompt on the PC
  5. Type tracert and paste the IP you copied and press enter
  6. Count the number of lines in the results - ignore the first line that will be the XR500 IP