My research for best gameplay I’ve had in cod.

I wanted to share my findings on this topic tomaybe help others. I’ve done so much testing on so many things and this is what I have found that works amazing for me with Fiber 500/500. the best thing I’ve tried and used is using two routers. yes you heard me right two routers with the 1st router being absolute shit my combo was ONT then a Arris router from frontier from my isp( UPNP off, out the 2nd router in DMZ and dns either google or cloudflare dns in the router.  ) and then main router NetgearR7000p ( QOS disabled, UPNP on, might be better off idk, and PS5 static and DNS in r7000 router not changed at all just the dns on the first router and ps5 to either me google or Cloudflare) I’ve found with those two connected, and a good DNS Either Googles or cloud flares, players were literally slower on my screen I ate bullets and hit reg was amazing and I didn’t die fast and it has been CONSISTENT every day.
2nd is sprite kids setting however I had an R2 and used basically a a beta dumaOS 4 firmware but it had the bandwidth allocation to ports setting. When I did that my games were also great but not as good as the one mentioned above but still consistently good. I stopped using it because the firmware is a beta and so buggy that the settings would never save they would disappear and or the damn OS page wouldn’t even load. My hypothesis from what I’m getting from these two is that by reducing the speed of data ( what data that is I don’t know) the game will be favored towards you. Also ppl disregard changing your  DNS DOSENT affect anything. I promise you it does. Try my settings out lmk what you think and try to expand on what I’ve found. Below will be my comment on spritekids post with my 2nd recommendation.

So your setup is as follows:

Frontier (fiber)ISP Modem(ONT) > Arris Router (maybe the Arris NVG468MQ) using Google or Cloudflare DNS, UPnP OFF, and put Netgear Router in DMZ > Netgear 7000P using UPnP ON, Default DNS (using ARRIS DNS) and set static IP address for PS5 > PS5 using Google or Cloudflare DNS.

So, this is similar to how some users has done it in the past. I don't know exactly WHY this is working so magically. But, if I was to guess. It's two things happening here. You have a fiber connection and thus your data and latency is already at a low enough value. By placing your PS5 behind two connecting routers. Your connection is being processed twice. Some have dabble into this for a long time. As it goes far back as 2020 when some were making these claims.

If you asked them today, if they are still using this setup. I don't think they still are. As it's many contributing factors at play. But, I just gave the basics.

Again, this may work for your connection wonderfully. It's great to know what is working well for you. As we all are trying to have the best gaming experience.

44 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

So your setup is as follows:

Frontier (fiber)ISP Modem(ONT) > Arris Router (maybe the Arris NVG468MQ) using Google or Cloudflare DNS, UPnP OFF, and put Netgear Router in DMZ > Netgear 7000P using UPnP ON, Default DNS (using ARRIS DNS) and set static IP address for PS5 > PS5 using Google or Cloudflare DNS.

So, this is similar to how some users has done it in the past. I don't know exactly WHY this is working so magically. But, if I was to guess. It's two things happening here. You have a fiber connection and thus your data and latency is already at a low enough value. By placing your PS5 behind two connecting routers. Your connection is being processed twice. Some have dabble into this for a long time. As it goes far back as 2020 when some were making these claims.

If you asked them today, if they are still using this setup. I don't think they still are. As it's many contributing factors at play. But, I just gave the basics.

Again, this may work for your connection wonderfully. It's great to know what is working well for you. As we all are trying to have the best gaming experience.

Thanks! And yes that’s exactly how I have it setup. I do think having fiber def is a major factor. But I’ve also have had spectrum cable and it used a modem router combo ( their equipment is shit) when I used it with another netgear router I think it was the C10000 I forgot, I was a sick joke on my host always. But off host it was horrible I take from that being on cable and not fiber