Netduma r3 is the best gaming router!

On 4/2/2024 at 8:56 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

better is more of a personal preference. there is a couple asus routers that would be BETTER for me since they support up to 2 and 5gige fiber connections. but the r3 for the price is a really good inexpensive alternative. 

I have Fibre envy, I can only dream of such a connection speed, I just wish I had that problem, and I don't think thats where the R3 sits, 5gb connects must be a niche market, and only available to 10% of the population of the country (UK don't know what it is for the rest of the world).

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2024 at 8:30 AM, Zli said:

It's not fair from Activision that they didn't activate more servers on a global level. I also tried VPN with an Asus router and I couldn't do anything. Everything was the same, if not worse. I also think that VPN is a big delusion. My ping was much higher and I was late. I used NordVPN and ExpressVPN. I'm waiting to see what the hybrid VPN from Netduma will be like and how it works.

Yeah a VPN for better routing is irrelevant, unless your ISP has some REALLY bad routing. Even then, the VPN is still useless unless you can get a vpn server that’s right where your ISP upstreams to. In the case of my old ISP, it was Cogent in Boston. I would need a VPN sever in Boston to even be useful. 

you do realize COD is made to play on crappy internet connections. always has been, always will be. most people dont have access to good internet service providers. its either lack of availability or financial constraints.

and you know the saying, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." They sell millions of copies of the same rehashed game every year and most of the public still buy it to get their COD fix. I dont know if there will ever come a time where people will stop buying COD and actually force them to make an actual good working game for the first time in a long time. I dont think we will ever see one now that Microsoft bought Activision. They have to make their money back. Gotta love all those microtransactions!

• 4 weeks later...

i use openwrt  with cake sqm and a  dscp marking script that i can mark my packets on both upload and download to whatever dscp marking i want.....i also use an app on openwrt call banip to block all the far away servers...ive got all the server ip routes for mw3 data centers...i also use a vpn with these settings that work perfectly...ill use it sometimes to route my traffic to a different location because i live in the caribbean ..my ping is always flat lined...my game runs super smooth after optimizing my network with my openwrt router...you have to prioritize your entire network properly and mark your packets on both the upload and download seperating them into different tins...you need good qos to fine tune and configure your network properly for that ..most qos only mark your upload packets because by the time the game server sends the packets back to your machine its already marked by your isp before it reaches your router..i use a script from openwrt that washes off the isps marking on my download packets and set the markings that i put on my upload packets on to the download..that way my upload and download packets have priority over everything...you need to create a seamless connection to the server making sure your gaming packets dont have to wait in line for your other network traffic both your upload and download...after optimizing my internet properly ive never felt my game run so smooth before

On 3/31/2024 at 8:35 AM, swippur said:

Which type of router performs better than the netduma r3 for you for gaming? I’m just curious because I’ve tried lots of different router OS. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I simply can’t find anything better.

ddwrt on a 4 core 16 gb pc