IPV6

KyMa

I want to start off saying I love this router. Just got it. On IPV6 the wifi is insanely good. However, whenever I use IPV6 my bufferbloat sky rockets. I read the firmware notes and it says working on IPV6 improvements. Hopefully, this among what is looking to be improved on. Right now I have IPV6 off to make a better gaming experience and it works great. However, wifi with IPV6 off is about 50-75% slower. So hopefully there will be a fix for that.

• Administrators

There are IPv6 improvements in the next firmware but I don't think we're aware of that issue exactly. What are your expected/paid for speeds? Have you split the bands at all?

Paid for speeds are 1000/50. 

and yes whenever I use IPV6 it seems like the congestion control doesn’t work right. And then I get bad scores on bufferbloat.

no I have not tried to split them. 

14 minutes ago, KyMa said:

Paid for speeds are 1000/50. 

and yes whenever I use IPV6 it seems like the congestion control doesn’t work right. And then I get bad scores on bufferbloat.

no I have not tried to split them. 

Ipv6 breaks CC for some reason. When I have IP6 enabled my waveform test scores don't reflect my CC settings. As soon as I turn off IP6 on WAN and LAN, I get A+. I think IP6 is fixed in the new firmware coming out soon though.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are IPv6 improvements in the next firmware but I don't think we're aware of that issue exactly. What are your expected/paid for speeds? Have you split the bands at all?

The gaming works fabulously with IPV6 off. Zero bufferbloat. And the WiFi with IPV6 off is ok, not great. Get like 200MBPS.

With IPV6 on the wifi is insanely good. Get like 6-800MBPS. But then the bufferbloat with IPV6 on is bad.

No. IPv6 on enabled on the lan or wan breaks cc. It also causes problems with upnp. Honestly, I gave up on the R3 and ended up buying an Asus GT-BE98 pro. Yes, I spent a boatload of money on it, but the core features work. I might keep the R3 for a bit longer and maybe set it up as a secondary router. At this point it looks like it will go on EBay. Hopefully I can recover at least %50.

Yeah idk. I love the R3. Before I had bad bufferbloat issues. Like +50 download and +120 upload. Would get C and D score. Now I get A+ scores. It’s a new router. I’m sure they’ll fix the issues with IPV6. Hopefully. But it seems like they care. I have had a few questions and get answers from Fraser right away.

• Administrators

Okay interesting, never seen anyone report higher speeds with IPv6 enabled, we'll have to look into that. We do have some improvements to IPv6 in the next one which shouldn't be too far off so hopefully that resolves it for you.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting, never seen anyone report higher speeds with IPv6 enabled, we'll have to look into that. We do have some improvements to IPv6 in the next one which shouldn't be too far off so hopefully that resolves it for you.

Yeah just higher speeds on WIFI. But on ipv6 the the buffer bloat is bad.