Congestion Control Not Working

Hey folks, I just switched ISP's to Spectrum fiber and really nothing seems to work to tame the bufferbloat I am getting now.... plus 140 ms on the up and plus 30-50 ms on the down. As ping optimizer does not work and speed test does not work I was fine with setting them manually but now that has no effect. I reset to factory settings and used the isp recommended dns. While I am a patient person I would say that we need some new firmware soon. 

Did you disable Speedtest bypass while running these tests?? And you have to set it to always on instead of auto. Otherwise it will only work once priority traffic detected

5 minutes ago, swippur said:

Did you disable Speedtest bypass while running these tests?? And you have to set it to always on instead of auto. Otherwise it will only work once priority traffic detected

Yes I did

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

What percentages are you using?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

What percentages are you using?

This a modem only and I don't know if it has any settings and the model number is Sonuv 1H. The installer was not very informed about anything I asked. I have tried congestion control % to 50 and no difference in waveform bufferbloat. The high ping is also represented when I test with Ookla as well.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 210425.png

Do you see the bufferbloat getting better with different percentages on congestion control?

Like test at 100/100 then try 70/70.. does the bufferbloat get better as you lower the percentages?