CPU 1 maxed out

As the title says, I was just looking to see what the router hardware looked like since nobody's gaming, just a couple of Roku TVs streaming YouTube and Hulu and CPU 1 was just forever pegged at 100% which I could understand if I had a bunch of activity on the network or were using lots of services but we're not, barely touching the bandwidth streaming. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20240325-174826.png

Uptime is 2 days right now.  If you check the time on the pictures I checked almost an hour later with no change. Just took another look while looking at the uptime and it's still pegged at 100%Screenshot_20240325-194014.thumb.png.33d922f27330f166739144de62014523.png

Also noticing in the logs:

daemon.err odhcp6c[5767]: Failed to send SOLICIT message to ff02::1:2 (Cannot assign requested address)

I have ipv6 turned off on both WAN and LAN so not sure why dhcp6 would be working in the backend. Also I'd almost want to recommend SLAAC (stateless dhcp6) for ip6 LAN instead of dhcp6.

In your log your ArcherAX11000 have Problem with the DCHP.
You test a Statuic ip for AX11000?

Why you use a ArcherAX11000 behind a R3?

ArcherAX11000 can use with DMZ for R3.

Actually I have 3 of them. Yes the R3 is behind one of them in DMZ using the first AX11000 as an IPS via Homecare. The other 2 are just APs as I find the WiFi of the R3 to be a bit lacking for my needs so it's turned off. I do have their MAC in IP reservation as 77.2-3 respectively. I also have them set to static IP within the APs themselves.

nice 3x AX11000 🙃
My English is not good, but you set static ip to R3 and AX11000.

But why your DHCP fill your log?
Have the AX11000 a Systemlog? 

I do the same, i put the r3 on if i play on console, after this i turn it off.
I use only Lan. Wifi is off.

You are on .41 with R3? or test older Firmware or test enable Spanning Tree?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's doing a lot of DHCP lease renewals for some reason, if you set the lease to 10000, apply, reboot, does the CPU issue come back?

I do have it set to 1440 but I can definitely set it to 10k and give an update when I get home.

4 hours ago, Fairypusher said:

nice 3x AX11000 🙃
My English is not good, but you set static ip to R3 and AX11000.

But why your DHCP fill your log?
Have the AX11000 a Systemlog? 

I do the same, i put the r3 on if i play on console, after this i turn it off.
I use only Lan. Wifi is off.

You are on .41 with R3? or test older Firmware or test enable Spanning Tree?

Well my entire network is running behind the R3. My R3 is the only thing connected to my first ax11000 as it's only being used for intrusion protection with Homecare. I've used all the firmware so far, I'm on .41 now as I find it the most stable. I do not use STP as I don't have any loopbacks on the network. Honestly I think there is a bug with DHCP, I'm also seeing dhcp6 in the logs which is strange as I have ip6 disabled for LAN and wan as it doesn't pass from one router to another.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's doing a lot of DHCP lease renewals for some reason, if you set the lease to 10000, apply, reboot, does the CPU issue come back?

So after changing dhcp to 10k and rebooting, the CPU has calmed down. Not sure if the settings change or the reboot brought the CPU back down but only time well tell. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if I see the CPU maxed out consistently again.