Port Prio question

When i set game console for my xbox, then play offline and/or single player online, the packets go up marginally. Basically like 1000-1500 per a 20min game.

When i join a multiplayer lobby w/ my team in NHL, i notice the packets will register anywhere from 50-500 per second on download. Even in a lobby just looking gor games. In a 20 min session of gameplay I've seen close to 100,000 packets. I also notice the gameplay is definitely laggy.when this happens 

Any idea why sooo many packets are registering? Is there anything we can do or i can suggest to my team to look for?

• Administrators

It makes sense, when you're online/playing single player it's only communicating with servers to determine that you own the game, for any updates etc but when you actually play online that's where you need a more constant back and forth so it's normal and not an issue.

What is your ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and on the game?

To clarify. Just sitting in a lobby with multiple teamates in chat, not even playing, the packets skyrocket

Dont think ping is the issue tbh. Ping makes no sense. Being in AB single player best games come from a game assist server beside me in Sask. The ingame ping is 60 and the geo ping is 50-70.

My worst experiences are on geo ping of 30 and in game of 27-29.

As for multiplayer, some guys we play w are in Vancouver and show 10 ping yet they can barely skate faster than us AB guys on 30.

Anyway, it seems like one player on the team is the reason the packets register like crazy. When hes not in party chat, the packets are way slower. Any ideas what might cause this? Even when he resets it doesn't help

• Administrators

You are going to get a lot of packets as it's real time communication. If you're playing single player the ping isn't going to matter really. It's possible you're being lag compensated. Try forcing servers with a slightly higher ping and see if that gives you a better experience.

I'd just be speculating, could be they have packet loss or doesn't have an Open NAT etc.

What do you mean force servers? When im on geo and reboot the game the same servers show up.  I click on them and hit allow.

Absolutely no good servers show up. It's a crap shoot but 59 ping funny enough seems to be better than 27

• Administrators

You don't need to click on allow everytime you want to play, simply having the radius over servers will allow you to play on them. So what I mean but mean by forcing is changing the location on the map/radius to only allow connecting to servers in that radius. Sounds like you are/were being lag compensated then!