Netduma Stability Update

Can ya’ll please leave feedback on the netduma r3 stability and others and the setups that works for ya’ll, for new comers like me that’s looking into buying the r3 router but i see alot of mix reviews. So please leave your feedback whether i should buy one or not. 

31 minutes ago, Foreign said:

Can ya’ll please leave feedback on the netduma r3 stability and others and the setups that works for ya’ll, for new comers like me that’s looking into buying the r3 router but i see alot of mix reviews. So please leave your feedback whether i should buy one or not. 

For my setup I directly connected from the ONT to the R3.

Under WAN:

Changed the MAC address to match the Google provided gateway

Changed DNS to the best one for me (1.1.1.1 primary, 8.8.8.8 secondary)

Disabled upstream DNS 

Manually keyed in MTU to 1500

Left IPv6*ENABLED* (IPv6 is a toss up on if it's better or worse to have on or off. For my fiber connection, it's proved to be better in the long term.)

LAN settings:

Left IPv6 *ENABLED* (IPv6 is a toss up on if it's better or worse to have on or off. For my fiber connection, it's proved to be better in the long term.)

UPnP enabled

Internet rules settings:

DO NOT SET ANY INTERNET RULES, DELETE ANYTHING WITHIN HERE. This broke my wifi speeds, wired speeds by literally in half.

RGB lighting settings:

Turned all off due to stability issues I have ran into with the router 

Geo filter settings:

Disable steady ping

Enable geo location 

Enable strict 

Ping optimizer settings:

Set everything to 100% 

Congestion control mode set to low latency

Speed test bypass is enabled at the moment/on/currently Red

Smartboost settings:

Turned on smartboost

Simple mode enabled

Removed all activities and devices 

Adblocker settings:

Manually disabled every device in adblocker

Then turned off adblocker. 

System information:

Confirm/set time zone to your timezone 

Turned off all protection/protocols in troubleshooting and disabled telemetry under troubleshooting. With these exact settings I get these results consistently get 950-980 Mbps through ookla or directly through router speed test. Wireless I'm now getting 750+ Mbps and 4ms ping (when pinging the Texas Google fibers server of course

8 minutes ago, Spdsk8race said:

For my setup I directly connected from the ONT to the R3.

Under WAN:

Changed the MAC address to match the Google provided gateway

Changed DNS to the best one for me (1.1.1.1 primary, 8.8.8.8 secondary)

Disabled upstream DNS 

Manually keyed in MTU to 1500

Left IPv6*ENABLED* (IPv6 is a toss up on if it's better or worse to have on or off. For my fiber connection, it's proved to be better in the long term.)

LAN settings:

Left IPv6 *ENABLED* (IPv6 is a toss up on if it's better or worse to have on or off. For my fiber connection, it's proved to be better in the long term.)

UPnP enabled

Internet rules settings:

DO NOT SET ANY INTERNET RULES, DELETE ANYTHING WITHIN HERE. This broke my wifi speeds, wired speeds by literally in half.

RGB lighting settings:

Turned all off due to stability issues I have ran into with the router 

Geo filter settings:

Disable steady ping

Enable geo location 

Enable strict 

Ping optimizer settings:

Set everything to 100% 

Congestion control mode set to low latency

Speed test bypass is enabled at the moment/on/currently Red

Smartboost settings:

Turned on smartboost

Simple mode enabled

Removed all activities and devices 

Adblocker settings:

Manually disabled every device in adblocker

Then turned off adblocker. 

System information:

Confirm/set time zone to your timezone 

Turned off all protection/protocols in troubleshooting and disabled telemetry under troubleshooting. With these exact settings I get these results consistently get 950-980 Mbps through ookla or directly through router speed test. Wireless I'm now getting 750+ Mbps and 4ms ping (when pinging the Texas Google fibers server of course

This some advance info, im new to all this so its good to know but i will definitely have to understand it, this is my first time ever dealing with this type of router and all thats why i made this topic, that vpn feature got me interested in it but i know rn is not available, so lets say once i buy the router, is this the best way to go about it atm? How should i set it up etc. 

There isn't a one size fits all for internet or any router honestly. It depends on if you have fiber, docsis, etc etc... what your provider is, what your speed is, what is your personal preference on what you want to achieve from the router. 

4 minutes ago, Spdsk8race said:

There isn't a one size fits all for internet or any router honestly. It depends on if you have fiber, docsis, etc etc... what your provider is, what your speed is, what is your personal preference on what you want to achieve from the router. 

Okay I understand, I will definitely have to do some more digging, I honestly just want the router for better pings in cod and when the vpn opens i want to use it for better sbmm, i just want it to be as simple as possible with the possibility of having those 2 aspects when it comes to gaming. Im not tryna go crazy advanced with the router you know.