Internet not going through

Hello, there was a power surge a few days ago. This power surge fried my Amplifier, I called my ISP and they sent a technician to fix it. The technician fixed our amplifier and said our Internet was running just fine. However even when connected directly to the modem through Ethernet there was No Internet connection, WiFi doesn't work and neither does Ethernet, I have contacted my ISP and said that I need to contract my Router Provider. I will willing to provide any information necessary. I have restarted my router and modem countless times so please do not recommend that. I think that because of the power surge it could've blocked the Internet from flowing through to the router. Any help is appreciated.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, directly connected to the modem you do get internet? When connected to power are the lights on the router? Are you able to access the R2 interface?

Even when directly connected to the modem I am not getting Internet, however when my ISP was at my house fixing things he claims that the modem is indeed sending Internet to the router. All lights show up on the R2 when connected to the modem, The Internet and both gigahertz frequencys blink rapidly. I haven't tried to Access the r2 interface, but I would assume that because I have no wifi I won't be able to.

• Administrators

If a device such as a PC/laptop directly connected to the modem, so the R2 is not in the equation at all and it doesn't get internet then it can't be an issue with the router - unless you know if you require PPPoE/VLAN etc to get internet?