xr1000 2.4 wifi not so fast

so I am trying to troubleshoot my 2.4 wifi. bandwidth tests give 350+ download but my iPhone and my MacBook on wifi only get about 60-80.i have disabled qos and adblocker but the result is still the same.any thoughts or help is welcome

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.10.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.10.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.08 AM.png

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How old are both devices? AX WiFi would help you here I think so should be enabled

I don't use 5g,should I still use ax? isn't that only for 5g?as for how old the devices are, its a iphone14 and a MacBook Air 2023

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It still works for 2.4GHz! 5GHz will always be better for speed though

ill give ax a go. do I Enable OFDMA in 2.4GHz too?

• Administrators

You can enable OFDMA yes and that might improve it, otherwise ensure there aren't any wireless devices e.g. headphones etc in close proximity to the router as that could influence it. That 350 is going to be about the max for 2.4 in perfect scenario so if you want better speeds on wifi definitely use 5GHz

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can enable OFDMA yes and that might improve it, otherwise ensure there aren't any wireless devices e.g. headphones etc in close proximity to the router as that could influence it. That 350 is going to be about the max for 2.4 in perfect scenario so if you want better speeds on wifi definitely use 5GHz

350. ide be happy with 200. I'm literally 5 feet away from router nothing in between. just don't know why its so slowly, by the way OFDMA didn't help.

• Administrators

Are you using Armor by any chance? Do both devices have the private/random MAC addresses option enabled? If so disable that and see if that is any better please