this was done when we were both playing solo and the pings being so different but even in the same lobby both pings are different or it will say "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATA"   

in the WAN settings are you talking about changing the NAT Filtering from secured to open? 

many thanks

• Administrators

Yes that's correct, try that and see if it helps. Otherwise, could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

Also, what is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the XR? E.g. XR in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

@Lyzarc When you say hardwired are you both hardwired into the back of the router or by chance are you using a WiFi adaptor to hardware one of the consoles? I ask this because I have a friend that has the same issue with is son. His son is hardwired directly to the back of the router and he is hardwired to the back of a wifi adaptor that is basically a wifi device plugged into the wall. His sons ping is great and his is all over the map. Also are you both NAT type 2 on the PS4 when you run a connection test? When you login to MW3 and go to the options and Networks and settings click network info and what is the NAT type for you and your son? 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's correct, try that and see if it helps. Otherwise, could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

Also, what is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the XR? E.g. XR in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

just ran some tests and reset everything with it "Open" and nothing changed :((

for the modem I'm using my ISP router from Virgin Media (super hub 4) and that's in modem mode going into the XR500 then from the XR500 a LAN cable is going to my ethernet switch & all the hard-wired stuff is coming from the switch, for example, PS4s, PC.... 

net duma.png

Edited by Lyzarc
upload pic

11 minutes ago, Rossi300 said:

@Lyzarc When you say hardwired are you both hardwired into the back of the router or by chance are you using a WiFi adaptor to hardware one of the consoles? I ask this because I have a friend that has the same issue with is son. His son is hardwired directly to the back of the router and he is hardwired to the back of a wifi adaptor that is basically a wifi device plugged into the wall. His sons ping is great and his is all over the map. Also are you both NAT type 2 on the PS4 when you run a connection test? When you login to MW3 and go to the options and Networks and settings click network info and what is the NAT type for you and your son? 

I'm using my ISP router from Virgin Media (super hub 4) and that's in modem mode going into the XR500 then from the XR500 a LAN cable is going to my ethernet switch & all the hard-wired stuff is coming from the switch, for example, PS4s, PC.... 

4 minutes ago, Rossi300 said:

@Lyzarc here is something I found on the Netduma Forums from 2018 that might help.

thank you i will run some tests with UPNP off and see if that helps

Have you also tried replacing your sons ethernet cable or switching ports? Just a idea. Also when you get a chance run a speed test on both PS4's and check the MW3 network info to see if you are both open NAT. In a perfect work you would both be NAT type 2 on the PS4 and Open NAT on the game. 

• Administrators

That's actually the part of the QoS page I'm least interested in, Congestion Control & Traffic Prioritization if you could show how they're setup please. 

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's actually the part of the QoS page I'm least interested in, Congestion Control & Traffic Prioritization if you could show how they're setup please. 

Sorry hope this is the correct info needed

netduma 1.png

net duma 2.png

52 minutes ago, Rossi300 said:

Have you also tried replacing your sons ethernet cable or switching ports? Just a idea. Also when you get a chance run a speed test on both PS4's and check the MW3 network info to see if you are both open NAT. In a perfect work you would both be NAT type 2 on the PS4 and Open NAT on the game. 

Tested all cables all seems perfect and all ports are working NAT is fine.. its very very odd

• Lyzarc changed the title to ...