New to this please help….

Hi team hope your well 

just some questions regarding using geo location….   My geographical location shows as “london uk” in the ps5 through call of duty settings when doing a geo search in another country i.e Singapore… do I have to also change settings manually somewhere else would my cod show different location to my geo filter option? 

im using ps5 hard wired to router 

I’m hard wired my Nat type shows as moderate ?? 

Is there a difference between geo filter and no lag geo filter ? 

thanks 

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter isn't a VPN so it doesn't make your physical location appear to be somewhere else, if it was that way your ping would be even higher. The location on the game doesn't need to change to be able to force servers further away.

Is your DumaOS router in the DMZ on your ISP modem/router? You will need to do that to get an Open NAT.

What do you mean by "Is there a difference between geo filter and no lag geo filter ?"

Hi @Netduma Fraser thanks for your reply 

thank you for clearing up the confusion I had regarding location 

can I ask if you can provide me some more information on “Is your DumaOS router in the DMZ on your ISP modem/router? You will need to do that to get an Open NAT.” 

can I get some instructions on how this is done? 

thanks 

• Administrators

Not sure which router you're on but copy the WAN IP from the System Information page or WAN Settings page (if on the R3) and then enter it into the DMZ setting on your ISP modem/router interface - could be in WAN/Firewall/Security settings.

@Netduma Fraser hi 

thanks for your reply 

i copied the WAN IP from system information and put it in the DMZ from my main routers setting 

my Nat type is still showing as moderate 

please see uploaded photo 

my provider is sky (Uk)

thanks 

IMG_1468.jpeg

You can either turn on UPnP or port forward to get NAT type Open on COD. I would do one or the other not both. Some people do not like UPnP since it could be a security risk.

Playstation ports to open for port forwarding are:

TCP 1935

TCP UDP 3074

TCP UDP 3478-3480

@Samin It looks like you setup the port everything on the Sky modem router is this correct? I believe what @Netduma Fraser was saying was to put the XR500 in DMZ on the Sky modem and then configure the XR500. You should turn off UDnP on the Sky Modem and then in the XR500 Setup your Playstation with a static ip address and port forward the above ports. I do not know anything about the Sky setup. I will let Fraser take it from here. 

@Netduma Fraser LETS GOOOOO 

now it’s open ❤️❤️

many thanks 

just one last request 

On geo filter is this a glitch or am in the UK connection to America? 
I have synced and deleted ps5 and loaded again 

strict mode is on too 

let me know please 🙂

IMG_1471.jpeg

• Administrators

Great to hear, thanks for the update! The server in the US is an authentication server, the game server is the one in your radius - the biggest icon on the map is the host.