I setup Adblock yesterday and noticed over 6k ads blocked to a Sonos sub and another 6k to an Amazon dot. Both not in use. And the ads blocked were all over the place not all from Sonos to the sub and not all from Amazon to the dot. Just wondering why this would happen?  I ended up deleting/unpluging/resbooting xr1000/reconnecting sub and dot. Now they I get minimal ads/tracking and both only from Sonos and Amazon respectively. 

• Administrators

Very hard to say to be honest without knowing what they were blocking - also not something I could speculate on, Adblocker just blocks ads I don't know how individual devices may communicate with services like that

Is + 6k ads trackers normal for a device like that?  Would eliminating the device to stop the ads actually lower ping/latency on a ps5 game. Cuzz when I disconnect them I had very low ping/latency on warzone. 

• Administrators

I've no idea to be honest, of course smart devices are always in a 'listening' state so I would expect some sort of constant traffic but that does seem excessive. Yes quite possibly when it's at that level

6 hours ago, WESTC0AST said:

Is + 6k ads trackers normal for a device like that?  Would eliminating the device to stop the ads actually lower ping/latency on a ps5 game. Cuzz when I disconnect them I had very low ping/latency on warzone. 

this shows my Sonos. the only thing that show getting blocked is "msmetrics.ws.sonos.com"
yes then they not in use it still send transmit data very low. i would say make sure you system in network sonos is being pick up as sonos. as i had issue where IP addresses where getting assign to another device and this was showing in adblocker as being sonos but when looking in to it it would show samsung domains or apple domains. 
i then just assigned static ip addresses to all my main devices and done a reboot and this fixed much of the issues. 

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 01.36.18.png

I would say in adblocker about half of my traffic get blocked. i also use NextDNS that also is used to block adds. 
i also run other add blocking lists tho. not just the default one. 

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 01.44.03.png

3 hours ago, Caution said:

this shows my Sonos. the only thing that show getting blocked is "msmetrics.ws.sonos.com"
yes then they not in use it still send transmit data very low. i would say make sure you system in network sonos is being pick up as sonos. as i had issue where IP addresses where getting assign to another device and this was showing in adblocker as being sonos but when looking in to it it would show samsung domains or apple domains. 
i then just assigned static ip addresses to all my main devices and done a reboot and this fixed much of the issues. 

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 01.36.18.png

I would say in adblocker about half of my traffic get blocked. i also use NextDNS that also is used to block adds. 
i also run other add blocking lists tho. not just the default one. 

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 01.44.03.png

yes that's how it is now for me.i too assigned an ip and it fixed the issue.