Xr500 use in 2024

Hi i am going to buy a gaming router which i got many places this model xr500 is really good for gaming but my question is in 2024 this router is still good and i only play ea fc 24 i am getting 28 to 36 ms sometimes heavy gameplay on my ps5 i live in Pakistan at the moment i have 50mbps fiber optic net so what benefit it will give and can someone give guarantee that it will reduce input delay and lags then i will buy this as i am getting it on my range money cant go for expensive once at the moment

• Administrators

It's still a good option yes, though it is older now and there will likely not be any further feature upgrades for it. If local congestion is an issue for you then it will help, in terms of servers though you're limited to what is around you so it can't lower that ping as you're likely already connecting to the available servers in your region. There are no guarantees in life and that applies here as well, in theory yes it will work well for you based on what I mentioned but I can't promise you anything, you would have to research it and weigh up the pros/cons in your own mind before purchasing. Probably the best thing to do is to make sure wherever you purchase from has a return/refund policy if you need it.

i only want for ea fc 24 and I am not using any wifi nor give to any person expect gaming even though I am getting good ms but still get some heavy gameplay so if this helps then sure I will buy it and will ask for refundable if not works

• Administrators

If local congestion won't be an issue and you can't force any other low ping servers in your area I'm not sure how much it will help to be honest

if this still helps me to not give heavy deley gameplay on same pings I will buy it and 1 more thing if I buy this router for geofilter also  so when ea fc 25 releases it will be added to geofilter automatically?

• Administrators

The focus is ensuring a low ping, so we can't guarantee better hit detection etc though it should be better on a low ping. We will add support for it yes but as I mentioned if you don't have many servers around you then it may not be as helpful to you.

brother our main server of ea fc 24 is in dubai or bahrein which give is good ms but if this improves o select near server as random like i get Iran Iraq and far players on 30ms which is good but get deley so i will buy this router as i am using now only fiber optic gpon router if still improve then this router then definitely will buy xr500 and when i get big budget then will upgrade to new version of the router

• Administrators

There aren't many servers in your region, just in UAE area I think so it wouldn't help you get any other low ping servers so I'm not sure how much you would benefit. Best thing to do is just to get it from a good source where you can return it for a refund if it doesn't work as you want

i understood now if i get his even in UAE I can get better ms as sometimes I get 28 with this I can get 25ingame consistent as geofilter helps and does ping heatmap is also in xr500  and thanx for reply I disturbed you sorry for that

• Administrators

I'm saying I don't think it will help much as the Geo-Filter itself doesn't lower ping, it helps you get closer servers which will have a lower ping but as there aren't many servers there it may not help much. It does have Ping Heatmap yes.

Brother before one of my isb destroyed their net I was getting 25ms in game in ea fc 24 now get 28 30 which is still best but in other city of my country some people get 24 22 ms which is more smoother so can i get close server of UAE through geofilter and get at least 22 24ms as other city players are getting and still give me better experience then now so getting close server means i can get smoother gameplay then now and also xr500 getting updates every year or will be close 

• Administrators

Best thing to do is get it and try it out, every setup/situation is different so you won't know if it works properly for you until you try it. If it doesn't then you can send it back. There is unlikely to be any future feature updates but will get some bug updates.

Hi i asked one of the customer from my country so send me ping heat map of ea fc 24 he will send me the pics then I will decide about it and I asked some things as his experience that when we play on modem we get on screen ping ms it is like fake as I get 32 ms in ea fc 24 in game also shows but in reality it will be like 50 plus ms but with this router every things become smooth with in game ms shows if 30 or 32 it means it is original no fake and also geofilter helps to get smoother gameplay as we select near server so the person I asked plays cod so he is happy with the device I will see the pics and maybe post it here once I get it from that person until I will research more