Hybrid VPN Discussion

Just curious on how and why to use a hybrid VPN. I didn’t really use it on the R2, but I would like to use it on the R3 when it is released.
So, basically for you who like the functionality, how are you using it? Are you using it for your gaming devices or for non-gaming devices or both? Is it more fluid, so you turn it on when you are gaming and off when you are not?  If you have any references that I can read up on, please feel free to share! Thanks. 

@PharmDawggPersonally I don't use it often but when I do I use it to just change the routing and it just for gaming(console) specifically as there no need for it outside of that since you can just use native apps which are faster when it comes to speeds while being anonymous. Not only that if your playing a specific game and you have sore losers who ddos the server/you your basically forced to use one as they some times get your IP.

There are of course many reasons for using them. As mentioned above, every ISP can be different in terms of routing.

Then of course security, data protection or privacy, these can vary depending on the VPN provider, e.g. re-routing, DNS leak protection, often VPNs also offer ad blockers, malware blockers, protection against phishing sites/mails and much more.

I come from Germany and don't know if it's the same abroad, but here with cable internet (shared medium here) you often get speed losses and ping spikes at the weekend at primetime. In addition, cable connections are often a DS-Lite which only tunnels a native IPv4 + IPv6.
In my own experience, I've never had as good a gaming experience with a DS-Lite line as with a dual-stack line with its own IPv4; I suspect that the Playstation simply copes better with this. That's why I prefer my own DSL line.

But these are all things that the R3 can improve.

And there are other factors, for example, if you watch a lot of Netflix, Dazn or similar, ISPs often throttle the line, which can lead to buffering or loss of quality. All of this can be avoided with a VPN.

There are of course different ways to switch a VPN, for gaming Wireshark is more recommended. For security+anonymity, OVPN (TCP for most security+stability and UDP is a bit faster.

I'm also waiting the longest for the hybrid feature on the R3, it's about time 😀