Geo Filter is a hit or miss, QoS is completely useless.

Grug

Geo filter doesn't work regardless of the options that I use, factory reset and all in CS2, seems like the case in other games too..

QoS is completely and utterly useless, which has been causing MASSIVE ping spikes + packet loss when active, regardless if there's load on the network or not. I've been using netduma r2 for over a year now, and been dealing with these problems since I got it. No matter what settings I've used, regardless of where the sliders are it will cause packet loss in every game I played (LoL, CS2/CSGO, Battlefield titles, etc. Dayz) when it's active. It seems like either the CPU cannot handle the QoS being active or something else.. The router has proper airflow, away from other electronics with short thick cat 8 cables. I went through every imaginable options/tweaks to fix it with no improvement.. very disappointed. The promises of QoS and Geo-filtering is what originally attracted me, but idk man. poopys a headache. 

• Administrators

What firmware version are you on? What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R2? E.g. R2 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode. Are ALL devices connected to the R2? Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS and Geo-Filter pages please?

I apologize for the late reply. 

Firmware : R2 3.3.28
Modem : Netgear CM1000v2
Router : NetdumaR2

Connected through Ethernet, port 1. The rest of the devices outside of my PC are Wifi devices.

DMZ isn't set which is probably the reasoning why it's not working well, will set it up and configure it and will post results. 

Had to declassified some of the names to the screenshots because it has IRL names to them, hope it's not a problem :D. I don't have them set-up to the previous values so they're just from defaulted testing I did, the sliders and all before disabling them. I had it set-up based off the previous recommendations I've read in previous forum posts when I first received it e.g. setting the PC as a "console" under the traffic settings and haven't had an issue (I guess, it's been over a year now owning it) with Geo-filtering and all. 

Right now I've fully disabled QoS + DPI. I fully understand geo-filtering won't work with DPI off, as it just me testing with it. I'll try with the DMZ and reenable the features and see if the results change. 

BEFORE I did disable DPI, I had the option auto-ping disabled that way I can just block connections from servers that I KNOW are terrible for me in the geo-filter section, a lot of peer connections from steam servers for CS2 servers. It works but I have to restart steam/CS2 after a few matches or else I start connecting to the same servers I blocked. 

cia.jpg

cia2.jpg

cia3.jpg

• Administrators

So for QoS, I'd suggest Congestion Control set to Always or Auto, 70% is the usual recommended starting point but you may need to tinker to find what works best for you. You can also reset Bandwidth Allocation completely. Everything else looks okay from what I can see, try that out and see if it is improved at all.

Doesn't matter what setting I use, it creates more latency and seems to cause ping spikes on than it does off. I also noticed using the auto-test, it breaks after the 5th/6th test and doesn't continue. 

• Administrators

Use this guide while saturating your connection with downloads https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping  It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control (set to Always), say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

Also what is the amount of packet loss?