Nest Protect

Hey, Curious if anyone else has had an issue using the Nest Protect smoke detectors. I have 4 total and 3 have been going offline occasionally. They are supposed to check in daily I thought. 

Ive done a bunch of research and found I should have ipv6 enabled, which I have now done but they are still going offline. 

Any help would be awesome. 

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Smart Connect and connect them to 2.4GHz specifically, do they work better then?

Where do I disable smart connect? And they are connected to the 2.4ghz band already. I don’t think they allow 5ghz.

• Administrators

You can disable it in WiFi Settings. The way Smart Connect works is it automatically switches between the bands based on needs, it's this automatic switching/having one SSID for both bands that many smart devices don't like so if that is the cause - even if it's not switching to 5GHz then disabling and connecting manually to 2.4GHz should resolve it.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can disable it in WiFi Settings. The way Smart Connect works is it automatically switches between the bands based on needs, it's this automatic switching/having one SSID for both bands that many smart devices don't like so if that is the cause - even if it's not switching to 5GHz then disabling and connecting manually to 2.4GHz should resolve it.

Just checked smart connect and it was disabled already.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You said you have 4 but only 3 are experiencing the issue, is there anything in common that the 3 share or anything different about the 1 that works?

Nothing specific it’s probably the same distance between them. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:48 PM, DimeRider27 said:

Just set them up in the lan settings page. I'll report back after a day or two.

The issue persists, I was able to get 1 online and it held for a day or two. Then dropped off again.