Qos

Elpaso80

hi, a question, when congestion control is activated, and I have divided the available bandwidth into the same percentage for all applications.. in the case I have 30 down and 5 up and for gaming I have set 10% it is assigned 3 MB down and 0.5 up same what with streaming but if streaming needs more bandwidth is 5mb given to it if it is free or is it always forced to a maximum of 3mb down? because I had assigned 50% gaming both down and up but I often noticed micro lag so I tried to divide the bandwidth equally for everyone and it seems to work better. 
this tecnic the real name its shaping non qos? 
last question in game one match have occupated 0,13mb really? Its correct? See last photo PlayStation during game 0,14 mb 

IMG_6917.jpeg

IMG_6908.png

IMG_6907.png

IMG_6918.jpeg

• Administrators

Gaming barely uses any bandwidth so that is correct, allocating more bandwidth to gaming won't make it use any more. Unless you have disabled Share Excess then yes a device/application can receive more than its allocation.

• Administrators

So enable share excess will allow devices to take more bandwidth than they have been allocated if needed. Disabling it will mean every device/application is limited to what you allocate - I wouldn't recommend it.