Future of Netduma R2, users should be concerned?

Mostwest

I recently saw that the R3 dropped and it should have fixed all the weakness that the wifi has. but i'm very surprised that there is still no support for 2.5gb Wan and atleast 1x 2.5gb lan port since until the R4 would likely be 3 to 4 years down the line, but i degress.

When do we need to expect update OS 4.0 for Netduma R2? I expect it to be a couple of months because R3 needs to be sold, before starting to roll out eventually the update.

Will the update be for also Netduma R2 or it will never be available for the device we paid? Asking because last time I checked the beta updates for R2 were still 3.xxx updates. If not I will probably jump the boat and go back to the Edge Router which I still own.

Before hitting me with "We have no current informations or ETA if or when the update will reach R2" ask the developer team since you are in touch and they definitely have already roadmap for all the Netduma products.

We as costumer paid for your products, atleast we deserve some clarification if the OS 4 will reach our R2...

• Administrators

I can ask the devs and they can give me an estimate and then I can provide that to you and then what happens is an estimate becomes a firm date in the eyes of customers and then that leads to annoyance when it is missed. So there isn't a benefit to me providing one. We want to ensure DumaOS 4 is stable before porting it to the R2, we're not going to rush it out. It's great you wanting to see it on the R2 and it will be coming but I'm not going to provide a date.