Extremely Slow Download Speeds

nickskep

Hi Fraser,

I have my Netduma R2 router connected directly to Verizon Fios ONT through WAN. I previously had a ASUS router connected with no observable issues. 

Some issues I am facing:

• Slow initial loading on internet page 
  • Download speeds reduce to KBs or come to complete pause/timeout
  • After router reboot no internet connection, have to factory reset the whole router

If it helps I am on Intel Ethernet Controller i225-V Lan Driver. My current PC used is NicksPC. 

I should also note, I am getting my full speeds, 300/300 MBPS when doing speed tests. 

QOS Screenshot

Device Manager Screenshot

Thank you

• Administrators

The downloads being slow are you noticing that everywhere or on specific sites/platforms?  

One of the devices connected via ethernet to the router is limited to 100Mbps - don't know if that is the one you're having an issue with at all but looks like it could be as you just have the two PCs connected via ethernet. Swap it for another cable and see if it is better then.

Hi Fraser, 

After a lot of research I went ahead and edited many of the Intel Lan Driver advanced properties (per the below guide) and it seems I am good now. I was able to test out a download for a game and it was downloading at 300 MBPS, which was the first time in a long time it is working this fast for me. I think the below settings did the trick. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727946014

Thank you though for looking into this.