R2 Randomly drops connections after a short period of time.

My R2 worked like a charm, since I got it. A few months ago, randomly while streaming I noticed it would "Drop" the connection. It was sporadic & I just assumed it was my DSL line.

Fast forward to recently & it's dropping consistently, within ~30 minutes of restarting it. I just preformed a factory reset & it's still not working correctly.

Interestingly enough, If I move the ethernet cable from one of the R2's LAN ports & move it to the parent DSL Modem, everything works fine (on the Modem). I'm forced to restart the NetDuma R2, in order for it to "pick" back up the DSL connection. Any ideas?

Uptime: 21:55:55 up 22:25

Board Model: R2

Firmware Version: 3.3.280

DumaOS Version 3.3.280

System Information Log.txt

• Administrators

I can't see anything in the logs that would be causing that to happen that frequently but it does appear to be having trouble on some occasions getting the WAN IP from the modem - you said it's a DSL modem but just to be clear is it a pure modem i.e. no WiFi?

Correct. It's CenturyLinks modem that they give-out. It does have a Wi-FI support, but I've disabled that (many years ago), as I have better WI-FI hardware.

My whole setup is based on Ethernet, so I don't even need NetDuma's Wi-FI (I should disable that one again!)

• Administrators

Okay so if it does have the functionality of WiFi even though its disabled does that mean you can't access its interface at all?

Does your public IP stay the same enough for you to set this as static WAN details on the R3?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay!

I'm still getting this issue, pretty consistently. Played some Valorant for about an hour before it random stopped working... I proceeded to unplug the ethernet cord from the R2 to it's parent Modem, after which I loaded back in.

Under System Information -> WAN IP, it shows as "Disconnected".