Xr1000 drops Wan every few minutes

So I'm experiencing a rather odd issue lately. My xr1000 seems to drop its Wan connection every 3-5 minutes for a few seconds and reconnects. Wan light goes red during this outage. If I connect a device directly to my ONT from from ISP, I show no service interruptions across hours, leading me to believe the issue resides in the xr1000. 

Running the latest firmware and all updates available. Attached also is the log file. I've done multiple factory resets on the xr1000 as well to no avail. 

Any suggestions?

log-1706635764889.txt

• tylerscott902 changed the title to Xr1000 drops Wan every few minutes
  • Administrators

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

So when redoing my one static route, (192.168.254.2) the web panel seems to save it as 192.168.254.0. Both in the list and edit screen. I've tried multiple different IP's for this static route with no luck. 

Screenshot_20240130_125936_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_125944_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are you doing a static route for specifically? As it's not the same as reserving an IP for a device

My apologies, I don't know what in the world I was trying to do with the static route there 🤦‍♂️ I've got to many projects going on at the same time apparently. Static route was meant for another project I have going on outside of the xr1000 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah no worries! Try what I mentioned before and see if that helps

The issue still seems to persist. However the Wan light does not seem to be going red now

14 minutes ago, tylerscott902 said:

The issue still seems to persist. However the Wan light does not seem to be going red now

The connection issue seems to be happening around the same time that the "Jan 30 20:53:12 XR1000 daemon.warn radvd[17300]: Insecure file permissions, but continuing anyway 103  " error occurs, which is quite frequent.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll get a dev to take a look at the log and see if they can tell what may be happening and get back to you

The error referenced above I believe is resolved now - some how or another ipv6 was enable and trying to use a 6to4 tunnel. I've disabled ipv6 now. Just did another factory reset as the login became bugged and then the recovery page only returned a 404 error. 

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh glad you were able to get it sorted. Recovery page for the interface password?

Yes, the error has cleared but the constant dropping of connection is still persisting. I pulled out my r7900 from retirement and tried running it and have no issues from it. So the. XR1000 is still on the fritz it seems 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you change the DHCP range and set the reservations? Didn't see confirmation that you tried it 

I did, even on a fresh factory reset it seems to be doing this.