NetDuma R3 Router Compatibility with 1.5 GB Download and 900 Upload via PPoE or DMZ

Thuva

I am considering purchasing the NetDuma R3 router and have a few inquiries regarding its compatibility with my specific internet setup.

My current interent package is a download speed of 1.5 gigabytes and an upload speed of 900 megabytes. I connect to the modem through PPoE, and due to my ISP's modem limitations, I need to use either PPoE, DMZ or advanced DMZ settings.

Unfortunately, my ISP's modem does not support bridge mode, making it necessary to configure the NetDuma R3 in a way that accommodates these requirements. Could you please provide information on whether the R3 router supports such configurations and if there are any specific considerations or steps I should take to achieve optimal performance in this scenario?

I appreciate your assistance in clarifying these details before making a purchase decision.

• Administrators

The ports on the router are limited to 1Gbps and if you were to make the most of those speeds then currently you'd need to have the R3 in the DMZ on the ISP modem/router

I don’t mind capping my speed to 1GB, but would I hit any performance issues? I have read doing PPoE or DMZ can cause a lot of CPU overhead.