Sonos system setup on R3 issues

Does anyone know why i cant add a single sonos device to the Netduma R3?

connects to my sky hub max. Try on R3 and just fails every time. All of the devices. Spoke to sonos and they have no idea. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RFGrinch said:

I will do as soon as i get that update lowpingking was on about lol. May aswell just sort everything then. 

Totally makes sense! Assuming test reports are all good I'll allow people to try it tomorrow.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Split the WiFi bands, sometimes smart devices don't like automatic band switching, once disabled try to connect to 2.4 or 5GHz and see if that works

Updated software. Split bands. Tried both 2.4 & 5. Same results. Tried with sky max hub in dmz also. 

• Administrators

I don't have Sonos so how does it work, is the device connecting to WiFi or a device specifically? If it's connecting to WiFi is it direct to the router or via a hub etc? 

Wirelessly. Direct to the router. I use it on my sky hub max. Connect all my devices to it and can group play. That sorta stuff. I talked to someone at sonos as im currently testing for them. They mentioned that someone at netduma knew of this. But from what im hearing now. Im assuming that was bs lol. 

• Administrators

Okay so it's just not even connecting to the WiFi at all - not even just connecting but then not working? 

I mean, they might be referring to an issue we're aware of but it's not specifically a Sonos issue and if the issue is it just won't even connect to the router at all even without internet then that won't be it. 

Try changing the channels/widths just in case it's not liking one of them specifically.

Yeah. Just fails to connect no matter what. I will have a look at the channels and possibly port forwarding as it does use say my apple music, spotify, sonos radio. Stuff like that. 

Im actually doing this right now. Zero luck so far. I dont have a clue whats wrong. I think all my other devices connect just fine. Just these sonos

let me try washing machine and dryer lol

• Administrators

Without the device being connected to the router you wouldn't be able to set port forwards for it so that won't be it. Make a guest WiFi network on the R3 and see if it can connect to that instead.

i managed to get one connected. But not the other that im currently testing. Im guessing that may be why. Its in testing. I will pass this onto them again that the beam work but other did not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck on this. Been updates for the sonos but none really helped. The beam i had on somehow connected to 2.4 but i had to be connected to 5 to see it within the app. Was all strange. Sonos guys keep saying that you guys are aware and on it to try and sort these issues out. Would be great if had them on the duma and could control everything from my phone. No more switching networks. 

• Administrators

If it's the one we are aware of then yes it would likely fix it. This "The beam i had on somehow connected to 2.4 but i had to be connected to 5 to see it within the app" is the workaround for the issue.