No Connection on Netduma R2 with Speedport

Nez

Hello there, recently I switched my ISP to the Telekom. I received a new Router the "Speedport Smart 4". It works fine with on it's own but somehow I can't get it to work with the Netduma R2. I plugged everything in as it should be but I have no Internet connection on my R2. What can I do to solve this problem?

Yes, it is connected if you mean the blue port, but I don't know if the speedport detects the netduma, I don't know how to check it out.

Under network it says ""dumaos", so this means it detects the Netduma.

I did, even used a different cable, but still no connection. Should I factory reset my R2? Since I had used it with a different ISP Router before?

No it didn't do anything. Still no connection. Do I have to change something in the settings of the Speedport Smart 4?

Unbenannt.PNG

• Administrators

Ah I see, well give it a try just as a test to see if you can get internet on the R2 through it then switch back. If you can then likely some setting there preventing it

• 1 month later...

I wanted to give an update on this issue I had regarding Netduma not getting an Internet connection if it is being used in combination with a Telekom Speedport Smart 4 Type B. When you plug in your Netduma to your Speedport the Speedport displays a message "Do you want to set up your Internet via the Lan 1 port of the Speedport?" You need to confirm this via a push to the button of the Speedport in order for the Netduma to work. It is easily missable the first time. So this problem has been solved.

• 2 weeks later...

Du kannst den Smart 4 im Modem Modus betreiben:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/53026-anleitung-netduma-33-auf-xr500-und-xr1000-mit-30/

Ähnlich wie hier beschrieben mit dem XR500 und und der DBox Basic.

Alternative wäre DMZ / Port Weiterleitung usw am Smart 4 weil dir dann das Telefon fehlt wenn der Smart 4 als Modem Arbeitet. 

On 3/27/2024 at 1:03 PM, Fairypusher said:

Du kannst den Smart 4 im Modem Modus betreiben:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/53026-anleitung-netduma-33-auf-xr500-und-xr1000-mit-30/

Ähnlich wie hier beschrieben mit dem XR500 und und der DBox Basic.

Alternative wäre DMZ / Port Weiterleitung usw am Smart 4 weil dir dann das Telefon fehlt wenn der Smart 4 als Modem Arbeitet. 

Das ist mir bewusst, nur wollte ich eine unkomplizierte Lösung Option wo ich das Telefon mit benutzen konnte.

Der Smart 4 kann wohl kein DMZ.
Du könntest ein Modem von Draytek kaufen, eine Fritzbox usw.....

Aber wenn du den R2 hinter einen Smart 4 betreibst, dann bekommt er per dhcp eine IP zb von LAN 4 und beim R2 dann in den WAN Port.

Das einzige was vielleicht Probleme macht sind die Ports.