Strangely being forced onto Georgia server from New York

I'm in the NYC area and I have my geofence set to to the smallest area possible. I keep the geofence tab up when I play as I block any peer games that may come up. About two months or so ago I noticed that I was essentially being forced onto a server in what looks to an Atlanta area server. It also happens with a server in Brazil from time to time as well. either of these servers present any information either. I can not allow them and I can not block them. I can't figure out for the life of me why this happens. I've attached a couple of screenshots and I'm aware that the icon on the server indicates it's allowed, however I've never allowed a particular connection.

I've had the router for about three years and this is a new thing. Any explanation as to why this could be happening would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 224515-2.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 224430.png

• Administrators

It's an authentication server required for online play, it appears the game server is actually within your radius. The auth server will not affect your ping/game experience at all.

See that's what I thought too, except that:

1. I seems to get that via a server in the UK (looks like Ireland. Don't know why not somewhere int he States but ok)

2. It persists until the game is over, drops, and then will push me back on to it after starting a new match search. If it takes too long to find one locally this server starts to come up.

And yes it does affect my ping. Local dedicated servers give me ~7ms while this gives me a slightly laggy feeling ~30ms. The Brazilian one gives me ~130ms. Both show the same behavior of a local server + this odd one. Like I said, it's very weird and I've only had this start happening in the last couple of months or so. 

Is there anything that indicate what this might be in the logs? I can keep an eye on them while playing and see what, if anything, shows up.

Was just able to grab some screenshots and live clips but this time with the Brazilian server. the funny thing about these server, and why I don't just block them is because I can't. Nothing comes up in the ping box on screen.

Game play footage while connected: Replay 2024-01-21 02-13-51.mp4

End of match showing match making staring over and the ping to the Ireland server as expected: Replay 2024-01-21 02-16-40.mp4

Also attached screenshots showing the empty box and map as well as an in game screen shot showing my ping.

​C​a​l​l​ ​o​f​ ​D​u​t​y​®​ ​H​Q​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ 1_21_2024 2_09_08 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 020714.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, Slamchez said:

Just wanted to update this thread with the also problematic Brazilian server.

Could you copy/paste the ID? Can't make it out from the screenshot