Closest MWIII Ded Server has higher ping?

So I am located in Northern Portugal, and I have had this experience of having the spanish server provide me a much higher ping value than a french server. How come might this happen? Should it not be the opposite way around?
My experience with the Netduma is that it’s much less frequent for me to connect to spanish players as opposed to french ones.
Is there some sort of reason behind it that’s not related to my connection? Or can I do something to change it?

IMG_1213.png

• Luis Gomes changed the title to Closest MWIII Ded Server has higher ping?
  • Administrators

It depends on your routing to the servers, if the routing isn't very good the ping may be higher. It could also be mislocated on the map. How do you have the Geo-Filter setup?

I am currently setting my location in the middle of the ocean to focus strictly on the ping values, but I could set it in my hometown and the results wouldn’t change. The settings are shown in these pictures. As a sidenote, I cannot ever get below a 20ms ping in COD. There’s not a specific reason for me to want it since I get a good enough experience already but the lower the better right😊 I have seen others be able to achieve it in MW3 but never understood why I seem capped regardless of what I do, even though these people live around the same area, and I would certainly achieve it with the spanish players with the location i’m in

IMG_1215.png

IMG_1214.png

IMG_1216.png

• Administrators

It will not always be possible to get a ping that low, it depends on your base ping and then your routing to the game server. Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better. I would suggest not using Ping Assist and covering Spain.

Thank you so much Fraser, I was able to find match  in a reasonable speed and get a good experience!

If you have any suggestions to improve routing I would be thankful but besides that my issue is resolved😊