NAT Moderate on PS5 (COD MW3)

Hi.

I searched several forum topics on this subject, mas can't seem to get my MW3 to have an open NAT.

This is how I have my set-up:

• I have an ISP router:
    • it is sharing the internet connection to the an Access Point via wire
    • it is sharing wifi connection with other devices
  • Access Point:
    • it is sharing Internet via wired connection to the Netduma R2
    • it is sharing wifi connection with other devices
  • Netduma R2:
    • it is sharing internet with the PS5 via a wired connection
    • it is sharing wifi connection with other devices (only so that I'm able to access the router config page)

If I connect my PS5 to the Access Point and skip the Netduma, I'll get an Open NAT - so it looks like it's some config I need to set-up on the Netduma in order to get the Open NAT.

I tried DMZ on, Port fwd, UPnP, nothing seems to get my NAT to Open.

This are some of the current configs I have:

image.thumb.png.c2779567dfd7180dd65b865c6809f540.png

Can you please help me figuring out what to do to solve this?

Thank you

• Administrators

If your ISP modem/router has WiFi, set it up so that it is in bridge or modem mode, you can also use the DMZ. Copy the WAN IP from the R2 (found in System Information) and enter it into the DMZ function on the ISP modem/router. You should get an Open NAT then.

My ISP's (Vodafone Portugal) router is the Huawei HS8247W, but the ISP doesn't allow for it to use the Bridge feature.

It has the DMZ mode, but the Netduma is not listed there on the devices to pick (like I said on my set-up, the Netduma is not connected to the ISP router directly, there's an AP in between). The AP appears on the list of devices to pick, so I added the AP ip to the ISP's router DMZ, but it also doesn't work.

Also like said before, if I connect my PS5 to the Access Point and skip the Netduma, I'll get an Open NAT... 

*I have the R2

Just checked, and I was wrong. I thought I had my secondary router (TP-Link) working as a AP, but no, it is working as a Router.

I now went to TP-Link's setup and added the Netduma WAN IP to the DMZ config, and it worked! I now have an open NAT.

So now the Netduma is added to the DMZ, but this means not only the wired connection from the Netduma to the PS5 is added to DMZ, but also the Wi-Fi signal coming from the Netduma... Since I have sometimes my laptop connected to the Netduma Wi-Fi, can this be a security Risk?

I tried to add the PS5 IP to the TP-Link DMZ, but I get the following error message:

Error code: 4903 - The IP address is not in the same subnet with LAN IP address. Please input another one.

Is there any way to ensure only the wired connection to my PS5 is added to DMZ?

• Administrators

That's great to hear. That's absolutely fine, the R2 has a built in firewall so it is safe, it would only be a security risk if you were then to put a PC in the DMZ on the R2 for example.