Not detecting internet speed/ping specs with connection benchmark/ping optimizer not working

Since Netgear has been dragging their feet about approving the beta firmware for the XR500, I finally took the leap did it myself. I noticed connection benchmark had limited functionality after that. No internet speeds are shown, no ping under load is displayed. Kind of frustrating but not a deal breaker. The mobile interface is also limited. Ping optimizer and speed test never work. Are there any fixes in the works or am I left to manually adjust everything? (The DumaOS app on iPhone is essentially rinse and repeat cuz the same lack of functionality and log in snafus.) 

• Administrators

I'd highly recommend doing a factory reset as it's a big firmware jump, it will eliminate remnants of any previous versions that are causing issues.

We are of some issues around Ping Optimizer, Benchmark etc (they use the same servers for speeds) that we'll be sorting

I’ve been through several sections of the forums looking for similar struggles to my own and saw that recommendation many times. Having done that more than once with no success is why I posted here. But sure I’ll try the thing that didn’t work 4 times before again and expect a different result (heard that was the definition of insanity someplace).

I understand why so many have bashed Netgear and why DumaOS 4 won’t be ported to the XR routers. I can’t imagine your team’s frustrations throughout the process. I commend your efforts to help the Duma army endure. Thank you for the timely reply.