Netduma R2 - can it work as an access point?

Hello. First of all thanks in advance for any help.

I'm considering to buy a Netduma R2 with the single purpose of enabling geofiltering on my PS5.

My current set-up is the following:

• I have the ISP router working as a main router
  • I have a TP-Link router wired to the main router working as an access point.
  • The TP-Link router is connected by wire to my ps5.

Can I replace the TP-Link router with the Netduma R2, connect it via cable to my ps5 and active the geofiltering? 

This way all my home set-up will be the same... So the Netduma will connect to the ps5 by cable, and serve as a wireless point access to any device I would like to connect.

Is this possible? Will the Netduma be working as an access point?

Thank you very much.

• Administrators

There isn't an access point mode on the R2 and if there was the features wouldn't work. You could do what you mentioned though by having it working as a router and also providing WiFi but the ISP router wouldn't be giving IPs to devices connected to the R2, the R2 would handle that.

Thank you.

I now have the router (Netduma R2), and after going through your knowledge base, I'm having a doubt regarding the Geo filtering.

Let me briefly explain how I have my home network set-up:

• I have an ISP router:
    • it is sharing the internet connection to the Netduma via wire
    • it is sharing wifi connection with other devices
  • I have the Netduma router:
    • it is sharing Internet via wired connection to an Access Point
    • the wifi is disabled
  • Access Point:
    • it is sharing internet with the PS5 via a wired connection
    • it is sharing wifi connection with other devices

Issue:

I believe I have Geo Filtering mode enabled only on my PS5, but it seems that other devices are also being affected by the filtering.

For instance, I found Discord being blocked on my iPhone and Mac. Even with the PS5 off, some yellow signs appear from time to time on the map...

Also, I see a lot of errors on the log, I don't know if they mean anything important or not, but I attached the file an would appreciate if you could take a look.

Thank you very much.

image.thumb.png.9d0fbad3213ae3de6b675122850a68b5.png

log-1704851815062.txt

I decided to make a change on the network, and now the Netduma is only sharing internet to the console and not to the AP (recieves internet from the AP instead of giving it to it), so the issue is solved.

Thank you.