4.0.23 has a couple of issues, Steady Ping and custom Geo Fence.

Custom Geo Fence was not working at all for me so I was sent 4.0.23 from Fraser and have been using it for 4-5 days, there are a couple of issues that I have run into with this new release that I wanted to share with the  community. 
Firstly Custom Geo Fence is still not working properly, I was still being connected to servers outside of my setting as well as connecting to servers that I had denied access to. The Simple Geo Fence setting seems to be working well so for now I’ll stick with a simple radius.

Secondly and more importantly Steady Ping seems to be bugged as well. I had it turned on and set to 0ms. With the previous firmware I connected to games with pings in the 30-40ms but with 4.0.23 most games I connected to were 80ms and above, quite a few games in the 100ms +. Once I turned off Steady ping all my lobbies were in the 19-30ms range. Hopefully Fraser sees this and can pass it on. 
Thanks. 

• Administrators

If you do the following does it work with custom?

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then. With Steady Ping on the minimum you can set it to is 10ms. Is that in game or Geo-Filter ping?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 1:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you do the following does it work with custom?

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then. With Steady Ping on the minimum you can set it to is 10ms. Is that in game or Geo-Filter ping?

Fraser, how are you?

I'm going to take advantage of my colleague's topic so as not to create another one.

Here I have the following problem:

PINGANDGEO.thumb.jpg.a6ed8e9c78f782b042c86ac9b19bf0f6.jpg

1) I am manually selecting the Argentina and Chile region, as I wanted to play on those servers, but the game always throws me on servers in Brazil. I also tried to place it in other regions, like Miami, and I continue to connect in Brazil.

2) When I look at the ping stabilization, it gives the information that the ping is stabilized, but it does not show the graph of the real ping x stabilized ping.

I followed all these steps:

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search
  • Filtering Enabled, I tried on and off.

I also tried going to Device Manager and setting my PC with Playstation Device Type. Nothing resolved.

Any suggestion?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Chackall said:

Fraser, how are you?

I'm going to take advantage of my colleague's topic so as not to create another one.

Here I have the following problem:

1) I am manually selecting the Argentina and Chile region, as I wanted to play on those servers, but the game always throws me on servers in Brazil. I also tried to place it in other regions, like Miami, and I continue to connect in Brazil.

2) When I look at the ping stabilization, it gives the information that the ping is stabilized, but it does not show the graph of the real ping x stabilized ping.

I followed all these steps:

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search
  • Filtering Enabled, I tried on and off.

I also tried going to Device Manager and setting my PC with Playstation Device Type. Nothing resolved.

Any suggestion?

Could you try using the simple method with the circular radius instead please? Had some reports getting games outside the radius happened more with the custom drawing method

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try using the simple method with the circular radius instead please? Had some reports getting games outside the radius happened more with the custom drawing method

Custom still seems bugged, the simple method seems to be working as intended. I also have Steady Ping disabled and this seems to have helped as well. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Koozee said:

Custom still seems bugged, the simple method seems to be working as intended. I also have Steady Ping disabled and this seems to have helped as well. 

Thank you for confirming, the team will look into it

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For some reason it still doesn't work for me.

I tried restarting R3, I restarted the modem that is bridged and also the PC.

Even using the simple method, when I try to limit connections to a country that is not mine, it doesn't work. Example...

When I use ping heatmap, these servers in Miami appear:

miami.thumb.jpg.5d06852e7e5fee702bb13cde1e10682d.jpg

So I placed GeoFilter exactly in the server area, even so, as in the photo below, I connected to the server in Brazil:

miamitest.thumb.jpg.08e857d5e7520d50cf6ada4c616389f3.jpg

These are my current Geo-Filter settings as directed:

geo-filtersettings.jpg.dd86d949d6bb844177ba62e3a54fd0f8.jpg]

I tried to connect with the Filter to block distant servers off, but it still won't connect outside of my country.

Should I try a factory reset?

And another point, the Steady Ping graphics still don't appear, regardless of whether I play Warzone or MWIII. DumaOS continues to display the same message: "Couldn't Ping Server".

P.s: I don't know if this is important information, but my connection is PPPoE.

NOW IT WORKED!

I did a factory reset, reconfigured everything, turned off Geo-Latency and it worked!

Now the Steady Ping graph is back too!

Thank you very much.