GEO-FILTER - XBOX LIVE (2024)

Hello everyone,

i have an XR1000 (V2) and with the last firmware update ( https://kb.netgear.com/000065516/XR1000v2-Firmware-Version-1-1-0-16 ) the Xbox Party Chat and Xbox Games can't connect to Multiplayer on PC (Win 10 22H2) when the Geo-Filter is ON.

The previous firmware seems working also with Geo-Filter ON.

Let me know if this is a known iussue.

Thanks.

If i disable Geo-Filter everything works perfectly but with Geo-Filter ON Xbox Live and Xbox Mulitplayer doesn't work and any block servers inside the circle. Maybe Xbox Live is connecting to other server location outside the circle (europe) i don't know.

I tried to reset the router, but nothing change.

It is strange because before the router update everything works fine also with the geo filter.

• Administrators

There is likely something blocked outside the radius when it happens, make sure to zoom out, if you do see something add it to your allow list then check to see if you get the same issue - you may need to try it a few times.

I will try and i let you know, but i don't know if Xbox Live Multiplayer (different games) has same server of Xbox Live Party chat service.

I think is difficult to work in this way, because servers can change and if they change the router will be block them (if outside of the circle of course).

I tried but it is difficult to whitelist servers because they change every time ... so is not a simple solution.

I will enable or disable geo-filter in base what i need.

Another problem i found is the Network Benchmark that is not working like it should. Download and Upload Speed in benchmark not match with the real Speed of the Network !

• Administrators

There are multiple servers but should just take a few times to get them and then you'll be good. Make sure to add your friends to the allow list also.

We're aware of that, it uses different servers than you might normally use and depending on your proximity to them and your routing you may get lower results but it won't be limiting you in any way.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Marcrnsm said:

Same thing happens to me as well, I had to remove strict mode after factory reset

If you do the same as the above you'll be able to connect without adjusting settings