Wish there was stronger hardware

I wish we could use Netduma on our own x86 router or even a 10gig capable router. Lots of ISPs are pushing beyond 1 Gigabit and it kinda sucks to see Netduma r3 limited to 1 Gig. 

I’ve tried pretty much every router OS and nothing comes close to netduma features for gaming. The features are amazing just lacking hardware.

If there is any Netduma r4 in the making I wish there will be 3 different routers, something similar to xr300, xr500, xr1000.

Like Netduma r4, Netduma r4 plus, Netduma r4 pro. Routers that can fit whatever you’re looking for….., basic, mid tier, and enthusiast. Just give us the option lol

• Administrators

I totally understand your point, at our heart we're a software company so bringing out multiple models would be a massive undertaking for us and very expensive! Just having a quick look at Netgears' net worth it's in the hundreds of millions, we certainly don't have that kind of budget. Never say never, the next one would be an improvement in hardware so probably would support higher than 1Gbps but we're not even entertaining that at the moment having just launched the R3.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
24 minutes ago, MikeWilde said:

I would pay the cost of the R3 or even an annual subscription to be able to install DumOS on my own intel hardware. 

It's not that simple, porting DumaOS to different hardware requires a lot of work, we can't just make a version available for hardware