Internet speeds reduced using R1

NiftyModz

Guest Netduma Luke

Could you check a few things:

1. Under the congestion control option, make sure you have set the Anti-flood to 100% and under Device Prioritisation, please press 'update distribution'

2. Make sure you entered the 'set bandwidth' numbers correctly

If this does not resolve your speeds, it may be related to IPv6 which our lead developer, Iain, is looking at supporting in our next update which will be out soon. Iain wll be able to help you with this so let me know if that's the case and I will message him so he can assist once he is back online tomorrow.

Hi, I had some similar problems with my internet speeds when I just installed the Netduma. Unlike you, only my download dropped massively. What the problem was is unknown (at least to me ;)). Iain helped me a lot though, so I expect he will see your post too  :)

Anyway what I was told to do was make sure you have set your bandwidth on the router. On the top of the congestion control page, click on "Set Bandwidth", in there input your download and upload and click update. I think you can use the preemptive anti-flood algorithm, because your speeds are not above 60Mbps. Set Anti-flood to 100%, and also make sure share excess is enabled and click on reset distribution. I was also asked to try a different ethernet cable. 

The above is all I can think of what I was asked to do. The support from Netduma is really great, so I expect you get your speeds back to normal soon.

Edit: Luke was a bit faster in typing his response

Ive upgraded my firmware version to 1.2.6, and checked my settings as per the instructions above from Luke. Earlier in the day before I installed the R1, I pulled a 180 down/25 up, after installing the R1 and upgrading firmware, I'm now capped at just under 100 down/25 up. Is this a limitation of your hardware? I read in the support forum where 120+ could be achieved

Guest Netduma Luke

Ive upgraded my firmware version to 1.2.6, and checked my settings as per the instructions above from Luke. Earlier in the day before I installed the R1, I pulled a 180 down/25 up, after installing the R1 and upgrading firmware, I'm now capped at just under 100 down/25 up. Is this a limitation of your hardware? I read in the support forum where 120+ could be achieved

Hi,

Yes please do these things:

1. Make sure your anti-flood is set to 'reactive' (we recommend this for speeds >60mb)

2. Under >settings >miscellaneous untick 'enable deep packet processing'

3. Make sure you are using a Cat 6 Ethernet cable to link your R1 to your ISP modem / router. The cable we supplied with your order is Cat 6

I think it's capped around 150-160 down. You can achieve above 120mbits by selecting "Settings > Miscellaneous". Then untick  "Enable deep packet processing", and make sure you're still on the reactive algorithm. But if you are playing on PC you might want to enable deep packet processing.

Personally I don't get 150, but around 130/18. Which is good enough for me at the moment. 

Edit: I need to type faster, English is also not my first language :)

I have 350/20 connection and before netduma the usual speed i could get was 150-300 down and 13-15 up. With netduma the max is now 95/12. I understand why download is reduced, but not why upload speed is also reduced?

Edit: Ok looks like it was that only yesterday. Tested now again and its 100/15 with "Enable deep packet processing." enabled and 125/15 disabled.

Guest Netduma Luke

Thanks all. Unticking the deep packet processing did the trick, but am still only getting 130 down as opposed to 180 down. That should be fine for now. Thanks again for the quick reply

Around 130mb - 150mb is the max throughput on the router so I think you've done all you can now. Thanks.

Guest Netduma Luke

im ivp4

Ok, thank you for confirming.

We need to isolate where the speed drop is. It could be outside of your Netduma. Please can you:

1. MAke sure every ther device is not using the internet. Then run a speedtest

2. Try a different Ethernet cable

If you are still having slower speeds, could you remove the Netduma from your setup and run a speedtest again. Let me know if that has returned to normal.

It's all about isolating what is causing the slower speeds. 

Thanks

I tried everything recommend last night and if anything, online play has gotten 10x worse. It takes ages to get into a game then when I finally do the connection is terrible.

I tested and I'm on Ivp4 and BT inifinity with home hub 5.

Any help would be appreciated again guys thank you

I tried everything recommend last night and if anything, online play has gotten 10x worse. It takes ages to get into a game then when I finally do the connection is terrible.

Nifty could you please start your own thread with what the issue is and what you have tried and I will try to help. Thanks

Guest Netduma Fraser

What is your speed now? Are you using the Geo-filter?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Speeds now are 5 down 2 up 51 ping.

Geo filter is set to 1000km

So youve set your bandwidth to the speed it was before connecting the R1, made sure anti-flood is on preemptive and both download and upload are at 100%? Device prio has share excess ticked and clicked reset distribution? What version of the router are you on?

Archived