GeoFiltering - Why would it do this?

Tinkering around with this since I just got it (XR1000) - triggering a match search in MW3. I'm in the Colorado region and I manually set Texas on purpose - where a datacenter is supposed to be. Despite this location showing on the ping heatmap I'm not ever hitting it when matchmaking, and it seemingly sent me over to Atlanta.

I'm seeing the same experience where it'll pick Salt Lake in Utah even with the ping assist set to 0. Shouldn't I be in an endless matchmaking search at this point? Why does it seem to be aware of available peering in Texas but won't ever generate any activity there? If Geofiltering is disabled, I can ultimately land somewhere like Utah, Texas(!) or Atlanta with much of an issue.

duma002.png

• Administrators

Are you actually in a game at that point? As a server with a solid white circle around it indicates it's been manually allowed by you or whitelisted by us. If we whitelisted it then it will be an authentication server required for online play and you won't actually play a game on that server.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you actually in a game at that point? As a server with a solid white circle around it indicates it's been manually allowed by you or whitelisted by us. If we whitelisted it then it will be an authentication server required for online play and you won't actually play a game on that server.

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't considered the map populating with servers that were being used in another process.
I poked a little bit more at it today and noted the matching behavior is as expected - loading pre-game lobbies destined to texas only.

duma004.png