Geo Filter not filtering

Sean23

On 12/10/2023 at 10:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There shouldn't be any cause for it on our side not appearing at all. I know you tried it but could you try these steps again please? (I've ammended it slightly)

1. Quit the application/game/client completely including battle.net from the PC system tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

I'll pass it on thanks! That would be helpful cheers!

Still no joy unfortunately, again feels like its not even registering that I am on warzone at all.

33 minutes ago, Sean23 said:

Still no joy unfortunately, again feels like its not even registering that I am on warzone at all.

Managed to get it working by rebooting the router but again hopefully not the only solution.

On 12/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad you were both able to get it working, likely just a weird mismatch for some reason

Currently experiencing this myself.

X1000v2, I've tried rebooting the router with it all options turned off, then turning on geofilter, booting up MW3 on PS5 and seaching for a game but it just searching for games in my ping radius (29MS) even though I've got it set in the USA.

I've tried re-adding my PS5 onto the list, restarting the PS5 ect but to no avail.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, ThatDisguise said:

Currently experiencing this myself.

X1000v2, I've tried rebooting the router with it all options turned off, then turning on geofilter, booting up MW3 on PS5 and seaching for a game but it just searching for games in my ping radius (29MS) even though I've got it set in the USA.

I've tried re-adding my PS5 onto the list, restarting the PS5 ect but to no avail.

If you're trying to force servers in another location you'll need to have Ping Assist set to 0

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're trying to force servers in another location you'll need to have Ping Assist set to 0

I'm pretty sure I don't have ping assist on my version or router. I've never seen the option too adjust ping assist, I just use the profile for Call of duty and adjust my search radius accordingly.

I never experienced an issue before.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, ThatDisguise said:

I'm pretty sure I don't have ping assist on my version or router. I've never seen the option too adjust ping assist, I just use the profile for Call of duty and adjust my search radius accordingly.

I never experienced an issue before.

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  7. Wait 2 minutes

Then see if it works.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  7. Wait 2 minutes

Then see if it works.

I tried this a few times last night and today, it still won't sync when I set the filter to the USA. My ping still searches at the 31MS range as opposed to the 90MS range it used to.

The search radius will go from <33MS straight to <99MS, which to me seems like it's trying to do something but then after a while it will either restart the search again or put me into an EU lobby where my ping is it's normal value.

I don't even know if using the geo-filter in the EU is working, as I wouldn't be able to tell.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, ThatDisguise said:

I tried this a few times last night and today, it still won't sync when I set the filter to the USA. My ping still searches at the 31MS range as opposed to the 90MS range it used to.

The search radius will go from <33MS straight to <99MS, which to me seems like it's trying to do something but then after a while it will either restart the search again or put me into an EU lobby where my ping is it's normal value.

Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, ThatDisguise said:

This is while searching with a buddy using EU:

This is before searching with a buddy:

Looks like it's working correctly there, the server in the US is an authentication server required for online play. Also are you the party leader when playing with a friend?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looks like it's working correctly there, the server in the US is an authentication server required for online play. Also are you the party leader when playing with a friend?

Yeah, I'm the party leader and I also have my friend added on the allow list, for when I do search outside of the EU, to ensure he can connect to me.

It's strange how it only seems to happen when I switch over to the USA, it just refuses to find a game for Warzone. Even tried watching 20 minutes but it seems to bug out.

I'll keep doing some tests, if it's working in EU it must be something I'm doing while moving to NA

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, ThatDisguise said:

Yeah, I'm the party leader and I also have my friend added on the allow list, for when I do search outside of the EU, to ensure he can connect to me.

It's strange how it only seems to happen when I switch over to the USA, it just refuses to find a game for Warzone. Even tried watching 20 minutes but it seems to bug out.

I'll keep doing some tests, if it's working in EU it must be something I'm doing while moving to NA

Are you forcing the West Coast? As I know people have trouble trying to force servers there as they don't always seem to be available

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you forcing the West Coast? As I know people have trouble trying to force servers there as they don't always seem to be available

Mainly east coast, New York. I set the radius to about 600miles and before I was able to find games no problem, not sure if it's a warzone thing or a multiplayer thing.