Netgear Nighthawk XR1000v2 No Ping Assist

• Administrators

It was removed due to an issue but will make it back in the next version.

Nothing specifically you need to do QoS related for the PS, DumaOS Classified Games is enabled by default and will prioritize any games you're playing on the console. Make sure you're using Congestion Control either Always or Auto Enable with a value less than 100% (we usually suggest 70% as a starting point) and you're good to go.

• 1 month later...

Yeah... About that... So like WHEN is the ping assist being added back?? I mean I paid for this as part of Netduma and I've not heard anything about when it's coming back. 

Secondly what's up with updating? So my current version is XR1000V2 1.1.0.16_2.1.25

So when I click update (little white clock with circle) it says updating, but it NEVER stops. I've already factory reset this router before, and yet if I DONT have an update needed, shouldn't it just say so?? Ots obviously messed up because my message CLEARLY says

Update Firmware

Current version: 1.1.0.16 <------this is obviously wrong

New version: 1.1.0.16._2.1.25 <------ this is the version mine SAYS I have in the upper right hand corner

So what gives?? Am I using the updated version. Or am I using the current version like it's saying I am??

Screenshot_20240109_045554_Gallery.jpg

• Administrators

In the next version I believe which isn't far off. I suspect that is probably a language update, if you go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update you may see more information. It's not a proper firmware update though because we haven't been made away of anything new and it's also not listed on their support site which they do update with any official firmware.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In the next version I believe which isn't far off. I suspect that is probably a language update, if you go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update you may see more information. It's not a proper firmware update though because we haven't been made away of anything new and it's also not listed on their support site which they do update with any official firmware.

I'm hoping the regular xr1000 beta comes soon been waiting to test it out so bad!

17 minutes ago, Marcrnsm said:

This doesn't address why why the update says I'm using an earlier version than I'm currently usinh

20240109_045446.jpg

Like Fraser said, I'm 99% sure it's a version firmware version.

I can't recall from when I had it but you have your current version, which is correct, then there is like a language version or something along those lines, which is what you have actually enabled (As you can see in the top right of your photo).

You're firmware is fully updated, so don't worry.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Marcrnsm said:

This doesn't address why why the update says I'm using an earlier version than I'm currently usinh

.16 is the main version, the numbers after are not accounted for in the version usually